Talk Group blacklisting not working

Help with DMR issues
N6PL

Talk Group blacklisting not working

Post by N6PL »

I have added the following entries to the [DMR] clause in /etc/mmdvmhost (Pi-Star rev 4.1.2), however TG 310997 is not blocked on either the RF or network sides on slot 2. I have tried using both my own DMR ID and a test ID not associated with the station (on the idea that blacklisting does not affect the station owner) but in either case the blacklist entries do not seem to be effective. There are no other blacklisting/whitelisting entries present in the [DMR} section. What am I doing wrong?

[DMR]

DstIdBlackListSlot2RF=310997
DstIdBlackListSlot2NET=310997

Thanks -
N6PL

Re: Talk Group blacklisting not working

Post by N6PL »

OK, figured it out. Even though I found several references on the web detailing the 'DstIdBlackListSlot<x>' option in the mmdvm config, as far as I can tell the option does not really exist, or at least it doesn't seem to be present in any of the MMDVM code. The only related option is to whitelist TGs by slot, i.e. 'Slot<x>TGWhiteList=', which does in fact work (and note that there is no corresponding blacklist option.)

Why is the 'DstIdBlackListSlot<x>' option detailed on several sites? I don't know whether it once existed and was removed, or someone just made it up and then it got repeated elsewhere without verification, who knows. But as far as I can tell 'Slot1TGWhiteList=' and/or 'Slot2TGWhiteList=' are the only currently-supported options.
N6PL

Re: Talk Group blacklisting not working

Post by N6PL »

As above, the setting is mentioned on a few websites and also as above it is indeed not in the code and I have no idea how the information got propagated.

I am only mentioning it here so that others will not be steered incorrectly by the incorrect information. I'm not sure why the mention would be against forum rules but if it is, my apologies.