Pistar linking DMR

Help with DMR issues
iz5wga

Pistar linking DMR

Post by iz5wga »

Hello all,

I own a pistar simplex using an external antenna with a baofeng dm1801 as mmdvm board. Because of the 2 watts, ext antenna and positioning I suppose that it's RF is hearable some kilometres far away. If I use it, other people could intercept the signal it transmits and could even use it as hotspot but they couldn't hear me nor contact me since the hotspot is simplex (they would only catch the traffic it sends from Internet to RF ).
I have another duplex hotspot , with mmdvm board, little antennas and 10mw out power.
How can I link the simplex hotspot and the duplex to allow people listen my voice when I use the duplex and be able to contact me by using the simplex hotspot?
I can set up XLXd, hblink and such.

I think I need to mirror all incoming and outgoing traffic of my duplex hotspot into the simplex one's and vice versa.
I can replace even the duplex hotspot with another simplex one, but to achieve my goal the traffic needs to be mirrored.
The idea is quite dumb... Any help?

Iz5wga
kd2lh

Re: Pistar linking DMR

Post by kd2lh »

Take a look at the setting that limits the hotspot's response to just your DMR ID.

Your hotspot can limit response to just your DMR ID, or work with all comers. Your choice.

Also consider that you can setup a talkgroup with your own DMR ID as the GroupID for private usage. This would allow all configured hotspots to repeat your call to your DMR ID on all linked devices.

Even a DM-1801 running OpenGD77 hotspot code isn't really intended to be a wide area repeater.

The duplex hotspot is really intended to be able to handle both timeslots simultaneously, rather than be a wide area repeater.
iz5wga

Re: Pistar linking DMR

Post by iz5wga »

In the end I just created an hblink server and both hotspots connect to the same master. Far people use the simplex with baofeng (it's got about a 10 km city area coverage ) while at home I use the duplex mmdvm one :)