I need some help

Help with DMR issues
M7BNP

I need some help

Post by M7BNP »

I have recently bought myself an Anytone D878 radio and built myself a Pi-Star hotspot.

I can't pick up any of the local repeaters from home but decided that I'd set the Pi-Star up to use the same flavour of DMR that the repeaters in the area do. I went onto the RSGB website and had a look at their repeater list and all the repeaters said licensed for Brandmeister so I set the Pi-star up to use BM.

I programmed the radio via the software and it worked. I then coded my nearest repeater, Alfreton, and drove over to get in range and it ignored me. I was then told by a friend that the repeaters are no longer using BM and have moved to FreeDMR, I looked on the BM website and my local repeats aren't there but do show up on the FreeDMR website....

I've now set up Pi-Star to use FreeDMR, following the instructions on their website, on the HB_GB_FreeDMR_DMO and I see activity on the Pi-Star dashboard and I see my radio if I key up but I'm not connecting.

I've spent a couple of days on Google and YouTube trying to find out what I'm doing wrong.....

Nothing I've read or seen mentions FreeDMR needing specific programming. I have the TGs set up for group call in Contacts, I have the channel programmed and pointed at specific contacts and Zone for Hotspot set is up.

Clearly I've got something wrong so I need help on how to program the Anytone to access FreeDMR via both the Pi-Star and my local repeaters when I'm out in the car.

Can someone help or point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Nick
M7BNP

Re: I need some help

Post by M7BNP »

Yes, I'm keying in for long enough.

More research to do I think
M7BNP

Re: I need some help

Post by M7BNP »

All sorted now, not sure what happened but it all just started working!

Hey Ho...