Where did network 4 go?

Help with DMR issues
N4SZO

Where did network 4 go?

Post by N4SZO »

I am trying to setup 2 (BM and prime tgif) networks and have been using this as a guide:
http://www.fivecountyhre.org/wp-content ... etwork.pdf

All goes well until you get to the part called Network 4 . Where did it go?
I have seen other guides and they want you to do their rewrite rules in Network 4.
Mine only goes to 3 and doesn't have enough fields.

Thanks
W1KMC

Re: Where did network 4 go?

Post by W1KMC »

OK, I did a quick read through that PDF, and boy do they need to be more direct and show the right stuff.

You see, Pi-Star's DMR Gateway originally (I men in 3.4.17) did have 4 networks (making Network 4 actually the 5th), but you had to add it in manually, in Expert mode. Now I am NOT a developer, I just have had mind for 2 or so years, and Network 4 may be in the default NOW, but I am not sure, so others don't need to yell at me saying I'm talking out my @$$, I may very well be.

You see, in the Configuration->Expert->(Full Edit line) DMR GW, you would normally have seen the text looking file like on page 5/11 now does that look like the slide on page 9? No? and what if you wanted/needed some more rewrite rules, how do you add them in the slide page shown? You don't. You need to edit the DMR Gateway as the text file.

In MY original file, there were 4 Networks as XLX Network (this uses TG 6, there was a way to change reflector and module (XLX 307 D) from the radio but I don't remember, ask Toshen I think it's on his Pi-Star Notes site), Network 1 (typically Brandmeister - No prefix needed on TGs), Network 2 (typically DMR+ - Prefix of 8 for TGs, and stripped by rewrite rules ), and Network 3 (This is the DMR2??? - either NXDN OR [not both] YSF crossover modes - this uses 7 as a TG rewrite, this is why not both at once).

So my suggestion is to bring up the PDF agan scroll to page 5 and copy the Network 4 section in its entirety and past into the DMRGateway file. Apply your changes, Then look at your dashboard, and see if the TGIF shows up as a network. - The reboot may not be necessary, but if you don't see it yet, then reboot and look again.

Once you see it, then go to configuration->Expert->(Quick Edit Line) DMRGW and scroll down, Now you should see the network 4 as in the slide on page 9.

I hop you get this to work, I have the network 4 but keep mine disables and now with TGIF-Prime, the info may have changed so YMMV. Need one-on-one help see my websiote, <mycallsign>.us -- there is a blue chat button and I can do video too - for remote control, I use Ultraviewer (google it and if desired download it. It's like teamviewer (who by the way thinks I'm commercial for helping people with their setups) but is free.

Good Luck.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
N4SZO

Re: Where did network 4 go?

Post by N4SZO »

Thanks After many tries...... Trying different configurations I found on the net, I got it working tonight. I think I had it sooner than later but I have 3 different passwords with tgif and it was a matter of finding the right one. What made it frustrating is at least one of the other passwords would let it connect to their server, but it would not let traffic pass.

I only learned of DMR less than 2 weeks ago and it's been a roller coaster!

Thanks..