Six-digit DMR TGs are Decoded as Contacts

Help with DMR issues
K0MGL

Six-digit DMR TGs are Decoded as Contacts

Post by K0MGL »

Six-digit TG IDs (Brandmeister) are being decoded using data in DMRIds.dat as contacts. The "Gateway Activity" tables shows TG 310847 and TG 310815 are being decoded as "W0WYX" and "K0JSC".

In DMRIds.dat on my PiStar, 310847 resolves to W0WYX and 310815 resolves to K0JSC. Why are these six-digit TGs in DMRIds.dat?

TG IDs with five or fewer digits, like TG 31088 or TG 3100, do not have this issue.

PiStar: 4.1.4 / Dashboard: 20210305

As soon as I work out how, I will upload a screenshot of what I am seeing.
Greg
K0MGL
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Six-digit DMR TGs are Decoded as Contacts

Post by M1DNS »

6 digits ID's are repeater ID's being used as TG's when a op registered his repeater for a 6digit id it gets put into the ids.dat folder. User then use that ID as a Tg, its currently the recommended way to get a tg for your group/ own use (or use ur own 7digit ID)
Thats wgy theyre appearing in ID's.dat

We dont maintain the .dat list the registers do, when you register it gets auto entered there, we pull down their list.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KD2TWM

Re: Six-digit DMR TGs are Decoded as Contacts

Post by KD2TWM »

OK so apparently whatever process BM uses to generate that file changed in February, yes?

That would seem the logical conclusion, since the code that does the lookup hasn't changed, yet the results of the lookup *have* changed. It used to show the talk group name, now it shows the associated call sign. This doesn't happen with "regular" talk groups since they are not in the IDs file, so only the TG number shows up.

This makes sense, since the change didn't seem to correspond with any dashboard update. If BM changed the contents of the file, it would have started when the changed file was downloaded overnight.

Thanks.