Adding/Deleting static BM talkgroups

Help with DMR issues
KC2TCK

Adding/Deleting static BM talkgroups

Post by KC2TCK »

I just got around to upgrading from pi-star 3 to the latest 4.1.4. The upgrade went fine and my hotspot came up with the same static talkgroups I had been using on v.3. But there doesn't seem to be a way via the pi-star web interface to change the static talkgroups. What am I missing? Do I have to access my hotspot page on Brandmeister to change these? I was able to configure them from the Admin page in v.3.
G8SEZ

Re: Adding/Deleting static BM talkgroups

Post by G8SEZ »

Do you see the Brandmeister Manager on your admin page? It should be just below the Active Brandmeister Connections section.
--

Brian G8SEZ
KC2TCK

Post by KC2TCK »

I had forgotten about the API key. When my hotspot came up everything was running so I just assumed everything was hunky dory. Thanks!
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

KE7FNS wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:26 pm
KC2TCK wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:47 pm I had forgotten about the API key. When my hotspot came up everything was running so I just assumed everything was hunky dory. Thanks!
Yeah, when you restored your settings that should of come along for the ride, I'm not sure why it didn't, but it should be an easy fix.
When you generate the API key there is that one opportunity to save it somewhere for re-use. It helps to realise that you won't be able to see it again on the BM site.
--

Brian G8SEZ
KC2TCK

Post by KC2TCK »

To clarify, I did not use the Backup/Restore function since I didn't realize there was one. I just copied the settings from the Configuration page and this does not include the API key. I apologize for the misunderstanding.