Brandmeister Master functionality...

Help with DMR issues
G8OGJ

Brandmeister Master functionality...

Post by G8OGJ »

This is not a pi-star query necessarily.

I have DMR Master set to "DMRGateway" in my pi-star hotspots.

I have found that when I use my pi-star hotspot Brandmeister Master set to "BM_United_Kingdom_2341" I cannot:
a) send text messages to anyone;
b) send text messages to the 262993 weather server (in particular "echo" doesn't work); or
c) use any SMSGTE functions.

When I set the Brandmeister Master to "BM_Europe_2001" I can:
a) send text messages to anyone; and
b) send text messages to the 262993 wx server.

However I cannot use the SMSGTE function - presumably because the destination (UK) mobile number is not a valid number within whatever country the gateway is located in.

I also note that on my chinese radios, I cannot enter a mobile number in international format (e.g. +44...) as the text message characterset does not include the "+" sign, oddly. I am entering it as "@07..." which is presuming that the gateway is a UK PLMN network gateway.

Am I alone in this? Is it only the UK gateway that lacks this functionality? If I were to, for example, use the BM Italian master would I be able to send SMS messages to Italian mobiles? Apart from the SMSGTE functions, which I see as nothing more than amusing, the absence of SMS is a bit disappointing. I like to use the wx server, for instance and would like to use the SMSC functions. I don't mind using an out-of-country DMR Master but I'd like to understand if something else is at the root of this issue.

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Brandmeister Master functionality...

Post by MW0MWZ »

What is the destination for your SMS messages from your radio?
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
G8OGJ

Re: Brandmeister Master functionality...

Post by G8OGJ »

The destination doesn't seem to matter - I use the wx server in The Netherlands (262993) and the SMSC (262995) and for SMSGTE I was using 234999 based on the Boca Raton article here: https://brara.org/BLOG/2020/05/16/dmr-b ... messaging/

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ