New alert at top of config page

Help with DMR issues
n9mxq

New alert at top of config page

Post by n9mxq »

Alert: You are running a hotspot in public mode without an access list for DMR, this setup *could* participate in network loops!

Ummm ok, what's an access list? And how do I create one?
Gene in Belvidere IL
Please don't email me with questions.
That's what these forums are for.
There's much more brainpower collected here
than I have alone.
G8SEZ

Re: New alert at top of config page

Post by G8SEZ »

Do you have more than 1 DMR ID accessing your Pi-Star?

If you don't, simply set your hotspot as private. Otherwise add a comma-separated list of IDs in the field below the private/public radio buttons.
--

Brian G8SEZ
n9mxq

Post by n9mxq »

Do I? No, but setting private seems so, unfriendly.. As I have a couple hams nearby, that I've tried to convert to digital.. I like to keep it open..

Thanks for the reply..
Gene in Belvidere IL
than I have alone.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

n9mxq wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:53 pm Do I? No, but setting private seems so, unfriendly.. As I have a couple hams nearby, that I've tried to convert to digital.. I like to keep it open..

Thanks for the reply..
It may depend on licence conditions where you are, here private is required for use without a Notice of Variation to the licence to allow gateway or repeater operation.
--

Brian G8SEZ
n9mxq

Post by n9mxq »

Noticed no traffic, now I have a new problem. it's not receiving... Going to go bang my head on the wall...
Gene in Belvidere IL
than I have alone.
n9mxq

Post by n9mxq »

Which is what I plan to do, I just wanted to understand the alert, and it's ramifications if ignored. Problem solved, as is the not receiving, my HT is the problem.

One HT works fine, one doesn't. Digging into the one that's fubar to see what changed.
Gene in Belvidere IL
than I have alone.
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

Thanks, I have been search for a while for this information. Unfortunately, "DMR" mode no longer works on my hotspot after one of the update recently. It is showing traffic on the dashboard but the DMR mode is RED and I was attributing to this error.

73 jb N4NQY
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

N4NQY wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:19 pm Thanks, I have been search for a while for this information. Unfortunately, "DMR" mode no longer works on my hotspot after one of the update recently. It is showing traffic on the dashboard but the DMR mode is RED and I was attributing to this error.

73 jb N4NQY
What server shows in the config page? A recent Pi-Star update has the misfortune of changing the DMR server to DMR Gateway. You may need to reselect your original server and [Apply]. I believe Brandmeister keys will be retained if that was what you were using.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber