Pi-Star Zero, DMR shows radio-id instead of callsign.

Help with DMR issues
Ki4ezl

Pi-Star Zero, DMR shows radio-id instead of callsign.

Post by Ki4ezl »

Hello,
I cannot figure out this problem. My Pi-Star Zero W running 4.1.4, with all updates has been working great. I have it setup for both my DStar and my DMR.

Well, yesterday, My information showing up associated with DMR started displaying the Radio ID of me and everybody else that talked in a TG that I was linked to. I checked things, and cannot find the problem. I even went in my radio and checked it, but all is well there too.

It’s not just my callsign being replaced by radioID, but everybody’s callsign coming in via DMR. The DStar side is working correctly and shows the callsigns.

Please help me with this problem. I can transmit and listen, it’s just the DMR callsign and RadioID is mixed up.

Thank you.
G8SEZ

Re: Pi-Star Zero, DMR shows radio-id instead of callsign.

Post by G8SEZ »

My initial thought is a problem with the DMRID database that downloaded (or didn't) last night. I suggest that you run a manual update from the admin page and see if that fixes it for new calls seen.
--

Brian G8SEZ
Ki4ezl

Post by Ki4ezl »

Just ran that again. Great thought. Still same problem. Maybe tomorrow it will be better after another update comes out.

If I could force an over write, I would. That could do it, maybe.

Cheers,

Steve
Ki4ezl

Post by Ki4ezl »

I went into ssh, forced an update. Will see how it works out in the end. May have to eventually just build a new OS and setup from new. Usually, going from scratch is much faster than fixing a mess.

Thanks,
Steve
Ki4ezl

Post by Ki4ezl »

I ended up downloading the latest rpi file, etched it to a new sdcard, made the wifi file, and reinserted card to pi-star. She came up on the wifi, and a little bit ago, the database file was updated automatically. I did some setup and configurations, the pi-star is happy working with both my dstar and dmr radios. Whew..... That was some stressful fun. Now, I think it’s time for some snoozin’. It’ll be time to get up in about 2 hours. At 61+ y.o., it feels a little tougher than it did when I was in my 20’s, to stay up all day and night, then get 2 hours of sleep, and start another day again.

Thanks for riding along.

73, Steve - KI4EZL