DMRGateway Issue

Help with DMR issues
w0lt

DMRGateway Issue

Post by w0lt »

Simple question, I hope..
If I have the DMRGateway selected as my DMR Master, can I no longer connect to regular DMR Talkgroups, as if I had a regular BrandMeister master selected? :?:
K2IE

Re: DMRGateway Issue

Post by K2IE »

Now that you have select dmrgateway, you still need to take care of your Brandmeister settings, including hotspot security.

Please revisit the configuration page and take another look at the DMR Configuration section.
w0lt

Post by w0lt »

I have DMR2YSF selected as well and it seems to work, just not regular DMR with DMRGateway selected. Thoughts?
G8OGJ

Post by G8OGJ »

DMR-YSF is a different network to Brandmeister and so, as I understand it, the Brandmeister hotspot security password feature does not apply.

If you look in Configuration->Expert->DMR settings you'll see a file at the bottom of which are a series (default is 3 I think) of DMR network entries, the first being Brandmeister on my system, then Phoenix/IPSC2 and then DMR-YSF. I have a fourth, FreeDMR, about which you'll see a helpful post (not from me) on this forum. FreeDMR seems to have some following in the USA and Canada so might be worth adding.

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ