Talker Alias on Dashboard?

Help with DMR issues
G1EKW

Talker Alias on Dashboard?

Post by G1EKW »

Hi all,

Running Pi-Star:4.1.4 / Dashboard: 20210322

MMDVM OLED display shows callsign, Talker Alias, slot, TG and IP address - very nice, but very small and located remotely.

Dashboard shows loads of great info but not Talker Alias.

Is it possible to configure Pi-Star Dashboard to include a column for Talker Alias? or append the TA to callsign, perhaps?

Regards,

Julian - G1EKW
kd2lh

Re: Talker Alias on Dashboard?

Post by kd2lh »

That's remarkable. Only this morning I was looking at the dashboard, and realized that there is extra space after the date, a couple of places between callsign and "(GPS)" and a couple after target when the table is fully expanded.

Since the alias can be large and length unpredictable, it might have to appear as a second line formatted under the call sign, meaning visual retention of fewer contacts on the dashboard...

But, I also thought it would be nice if talker alias could display a few bytes of any additional data beyond callsign formatted by the user.
G1EKW

Re: Talker Alias on Dashboard?

Post by G1EKW »

Thanks for you comments, KD2LH, but I was asking whether it was possible, not looking for a work-around.

Besides:
The garbage that people put in TA isn't that great either.
It always seems to be the Callsign holder's name whenever I've looked. I'm assuming this is taken from the Talker Alias, but the question remains even if it is from a DB lookup
You could get a 5, 7 or even 10.1 inch Nextion. I can easily read a 5" Nextion from across the room.
That wouldn't help as the hotspot is in a cupboard.
Also TA is displayed directly on my radio which is sitting next to the computer.
Mine only displays TG and DMR ID.

G1EKW