pi-star not hearing rf dmr signal

Help with DMR issues
Ka2ndw

pi-star not hearing rf dmr signal

Post by Ka2ndw »

Having a problem with pi-star not seeing dmr signal.

This is a repeater builder stm32 mmdvm board connected to an icom 4000 repeater. Dmr mode and network status are both green. Checking brandmiester it is also green there. This has a 6 digit repeater dmr number and doesn't require a password from what I can tell. Color code 3 is set in both pi-star and the radio. Freq are in range and green as well. The node type is set to public.

when we tx to the repeater the lights on the mmdvm board light up they are rec a dmr signal and the repeater keys up briefly. The dashboard however does not show any signal was received. when looking at live logs I get Downlink Activate received. Have adjusted receive offset both up and down with no change.

Also I have a couple of static talk groups setup on ts1. when the traffic comes from the net side it passes and I can hear the conversation on my radio just fine. It appears that the rf signal is getting block some how. Looking for some ideas or suggestions on what I could be missing.

Thanks

Mike ka2ndw
Ka2ndw

Re: pi-star not hearing rf dmr signal

Post by Ka2ndw »

The repeater is an icom fr4000 uhf. We have transmitted with both an tyt md380 and a retevis rt73. The thing that’s bothersome is the fact that it doesn’t even show up on the dashboard. I’ve had some that really took some adjustment to get them to work. But I’ve never had one that didn’t at least turn the dash board green that it was receiving.