No dmr audio

Help with DMR issues
K2CQW

No dmr audio

Post by K2CQW »

My Paul's AT878 is connected to my Pi-star hotspot. I see activity on the dasboard but no sound at all. YSF has been working fine.
73 de John K2CQW
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: No dmr audio

Post by KE7FNS »

K2CQW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:02 pm My Paul's AT878 is connected to my Pi-star hotspot. I see activity on the dasboard but no sound at all. YSF has been working fine.
145.8 MHz to 146 MHz and 435 MHz to 438 MHz are blocked.

It could be you are not listening on the correct frequency (set on simplex instead of duplex, or vice versa). You could also not have receive groups programmed correctly on your radio.

Normally you setup a channel to only listen to the single talkgroup you are currently monitoring, so if you have a channel programmed for 3100, and a response comes in from 91, it won't play the audio. In that case you need to change the channel on your radio to one designated for 91.

First double check your frequencies, use an analog radio or SDR to confirm the hotspot is actually transmitting on the frequency you think it is. Second double check your radio programming to make sure it is listening to the correct frequency you think it is. Third, make sure the talkgroup for the channel you are monitoring is set correctly.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
K2CQW

Post by K2CQW »

Hotspot frequency:443.225. YSF has been functional since June 2020.. I monitor on my ftm400.I see RF but no audio. I am connected to TG 31656 and the dashboard shows hams connecting and talking.
73 de John K2CQW
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

K2CQW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 pm YSF has been functional since June 2020.
YSF is not DMR. They are completely different and one working has no relation to the other working.
K2CQW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 pm I monitor on my ftm400.I see RF but no audio.
Do you HEAR digital RF using an analog radio? If you hear digital RF when you see the dashboard indicate a transmission, then its your HT programming.
K2CQW wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 pm I am connected to TG 31656 and the dashboard shows hams connecting and talking.
On which network are you connected to? BM shows you last keyed up 11 months ago on TG 9.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

K2CQW

Post by K2CQW »

Yes, that TG 9 was a YSF2DMR contact. Yes I know dmr and ysf are different. Your comment about my last connection shows me the hotspot connected to TG 31656, but the AT868 is not. I believe the hotspot is configured correctly but the radio is missing some magic dmr setting. Thanks for guidance & 73
73 de John K2CQW
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

KE7FNS wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:24 pm Normally you setup a channel to only listen to the single talkgroup you are currently monitoring, so if you have a channel programmed for 3100, and a response comes in from 91, it won't play the audio. In that case you need to change the channel on your radio to one designated for 91.
It is possible to set up a receive group list and assign the list to each configured channel. That allows one to hear traffic on any talk group in the list, though one has to change to a channel dedicated to the active group to respond (untested, but I believe some radios have the ability to reply to the active group so long as the display has not timed out).

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

K2CQW wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:05 am Yes, that TG 9 was a YSF2DMR contact.
It doesn't matter. BM still has TG 9 as your last transmission.
K2CQW wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:05 am Yes I know dmr and ysf are different.
Then why say" YSF has been working fine." and "YSF has been functional since June 2020."?
K2CQW wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:05 am Your comment about my last connection shows me the hotspot connected to TG 31656, but the AT868 is not.
No, your last transmission was to TG 9, it isn't connected to TG 31656 because you have never keyed up TG 31656 on BM in 11 months, I can see your last 5 transmissions and none of them are TG 31656.

Your last 5 transmissions were:

Code: Select all

Local (9)
Local (9)
Disconnect (4000)
Disconnect (4000)
BayNet (31075)
K2CQW wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:05 am I believe the hotspot is configured correctly but the radio is missing some magic dmr setting.
I think you just need to realize that you need to key up which talkgroup you want to monitor.

KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

AF6VN wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:56 am It is possible to set up a receive group list and assign the list to each configured channel. That allows one to hear traffic on any talk group in the list, though one has to change to a channel dedicated to the active group to respond (untested, but I believe some radios have the ability to reply to the active group so long as the display has not timed out).
Yes, I'm fully aware of how to use receive groups on my radio, however from my experience with BM I have not been able to listen to multiple talkgroups at the same time using them, BM only plays the last one I've keyed up. I've even set 9 talkgroups as static in my self service configuration.

Also receive groups are a bit complicated and I didn't feel it necessary to try to explain it in this situation. Thats why I used the term "normally", as the most basic/easiest way to setup a radio. Sure you can get as complicated as you want, but you are pretty much on your own when you do.

KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

I think, I have figured out what has transpired.

Andy has moved people off of BM 3101, following the BM announcement of the decommissioning of the BM 3101 master.

So, I think that at some point in the past, you got on to 3102 and keyed up whatever talkgroup it is currently monitoring, and then you moved over to 3101 and did your last 5 key ups. I can see that cause the dashboard indicates you were on 3101 for those 5 transmissions and now you are on 3102.

Then May 8th comes along and the configuration moved you off of 3101 and put you on 3102, and since you haven't keyed up, it went back to the last keyup you had done ON THAT MASTER. Thats the key to take away here. BM's servers remember each keyup individually, so if you keyup TG 9 on 3102, and then move to a different master, it will revert to whatever group you had last keyed up on the master you are currently connected to. (at least in my experience)

So how do you fix it, you simply keyup the group you want to monitor and also go into the BM self service pages and set static talkgroups.

I'll ask Andy to post an announcement.

M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

We already announced this. Or at least i think we announced it...

BM USA asked us to aid them in moving users off of 3101 by removing it as an option in PS.
3104 was added as a replacement server.

i used that post here with a simple copy paste over to the FB page to aid me, due to other work commitments at the time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.