Trigger custom commands from a DMR radio

Help with DMR issues
KJ7OMO

Trigger custom commands from a DMR radio

Post by KJ7OMO »

Hey all, is it possible to add custom commands to be triggered from the DMR radio? I have a duplex hotspot and I find it annoying that dynamic talkgroups automatically disconnect after 15 minutes of me not transmitting and it's annoying have to manually log into brandmeister and set the static talkgroup and then having to do it again to delete the talkgroup when I'm done using it. Because of this, I'm looking to have a script made that upon triggering via private call to something like 9999999 for example, it would then monitor for the next thing I do on my radio and once I transmit into any talkgroup I want, the script would intercept that request from the radio and log into my brandmeister dashboard via an API key that I would generate and it would set the talkgroup number as a static talkgroup for me. When I'm done using the talkgroup, I would then make a private call into 9999999 and then transmit into talkgroup 4000 and the script would then intercept that and log into my brandmeister dashboard via the API key again and this time, delete the static talkgroup and reset the repeater connection. Is something like this possible on Pi-Star?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Trigger custom commands from a DMR radio

Post by M1DNS »

Not from the radio, but...
Setup a BM api key and use it with the BM API integration of pistar.

http://wiki.pistar.uk/PI-Star_integrati ... eister_API

More of these type features can be found over on the pistar wiki page...
wiki.pistar.uk/

Or via this forums FAQ page.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.