Quadophonical Hotspot

Help with DMR issues
OZ7LTJ

Quadophonical Hotspot

Post by OZ7LTJ »

Hi Hotspotters.
Has anyone have success with more than 2 DMR networks in their Pi-Stars?
I have made a great DMR hotspot for BM or DMR+ and even both by the Gateway option and rewrite rules.
But i can´t see why i can´t do a gateway setup with 4 networks at the same time Brandmiester, DMR+, TGIF and FreeDMR, and a extended rewrite rule set, and a equal extende channel set in my radio.
But when i try to do just 3 to begin with I see my hotspot registers on all the dashboards BM, IPSC2,TGIF, and in the "DMR Master" section in Pi-Star dashboard it shows all 3 networks very nice, but after 30-60 seconds they all fall out again, and my "Network Status" turns RED in the "DMR Net" and the log don´t say anything.
WB3IHY

Re: Quadophonical Hotspot

Post by WB3IHY »

OZ7LTJ wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:07 pm Has anyone have success with more than 2 DMR networks in their Pi-Stars?
Indeed yes. I run DMRGateway with XLX, Brandmeister, DMR+, DMR2YSF, TGIF, and two other networks on two hotspots (a "Jumbospot" PI-Zero and a "TGIF-Spot" PI-3B) with no difficulties whatsoever. Both are completely stable and have been for years.

Any number of things could be causing your symptoms: A syntax error somewhere in your configuration, a corrupt SD card, not having updated modem firmware, an old version of PI-Star, etc.

Joe, WB3IHY
OZ7LTJ

Post by OZ7LTJ »

thanks, got it isolatede to a config issue.
EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL »

WB3IHY wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:01 pm
OZ7LTJ wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:07 pm Has anyone have success with more than 2 DMR networks in their Pi-Stars?
Indeed yes. I run DMRGateway with XLX, Brandmeister, DMR+, DMR2YSF, TGIF, and two other networks on two hotspots (a "Jumbospot" PI-Zero and a "TGIF-Spot" PI-3B) with no difficulties whatsoever. Both are completely stable and have been for years.

Any number of things could be causing your symptoms: A syntax error somewhere in your configuration, a corrupt SD card, not having updated modem firmware, an old version of PI-Star, etc.

Joe, WB3IHY

Hi Joe,

Could it be possible you to PM me a sample configuration??
I guess DMRGateway is the key at this point, isn't it?

Thanks,
Rafa.
73'Rafael.
EA3BIL
JN11an
WB3IHY

Post by WB3IHY »

I'll put together a sample config and PM it to you as soon as I get it completed.