DMR Hotspot problems

Help with DMR issues
wx2tok

DMR Hotspot problems

Post by wx2tok »

I am new to DMR hotspots i have just set one up everything seems to be connected but i can not seem to hear myself on parrot thru the brandmister network i believe i have everything set up correct it is a simplex node but I'm very confused as to what im overlooking
AF6VN

Re: DMR Hotspot problems

Post by AF6VN »

wx2tok wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:02 pm I am new to DMR hotspots i have just set one up everything seems to be connected but i can not seem to hear myself on parrot thru the brandmister network i believe i have everything set up correct it is a simplex node but I'm very confused as to what im overlooking
You'll need to show us the config for Pi-Star and for the radio.

Also -- did you set up a Brandmeister password just for the hotspot; BM-US no longer allows the generic password that ships with Pi-Star. This is separate from the Brandmeister account login, and also separate from the BM API access code (which opens up a Brandmeister control panel on the Pi-Star Admin page [I don't bother with the basic status page, I go direct to Admin so the D-Star and BM control panels are present -- my unit is configured for both protocols]).

Login to BM, go to Self-Care, and at the bottom of the page you should find a Hotspot Security section.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
wx2tok

Post by wx2tok »

let me change that and see if it works i knew it was somethings i was over looking
wx2tok

Post by wx2tok »

so i changed the parrot from group call to private call i looked on my last heard and i have seen it from a couple hours ago so i guess my dmr hotspot is set up right but i still am not able to get my recording back thanks you KE7FNS for pointing that out
wx2tok

Post by wx2tok »

i have seem to find the problem it was a networing problem on my end