DMR MODE

Help with DMR issues
KL7XK

DMR MODE

Post by KL7XK »

i have just bought a anytone 578UVII and set up code plug for talk groups etc.. then set up my pi-star with all the info i believe i need. but i cant seem to get the DMR MODE to stay green it will some time go green then revert back to red indicating that im not connect to the net work
i have a dmr id and security password for brand mister,,,what am i doing wrong?? i built my pi and installed a mmdvm
thank you Mike KL7XK
KL7XK

Re: DMR MODE

Post by KL7XK »

Ok thanks for all the info being brand new to all of this digi stuff it’s quite confusing and I’m still working it out… I have a duel mmdvm and I set my code plug for simplex thinking I’m not going through a repeater… this could be a conflict? I have not gone through my error messages yet
I do get a green light on DMR gateway and looks like it’s all green on WiFi connection so no problem there..
When I get off work today I’ll go through my code plug and change simplex to duel reapeater setting and also I have a pi-Star 4 so mabe this is screwing things up Mike KL7XK
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

KL7XK wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:46 pm I have a duel mmdvm and I set my code plug for simplex thinking I’m not going through a repeater… this could be a conflict?
Yes, if you have a duplex hat then your codeplug needs the channel set at repeater NOT simplex....but what Jason said is also accurate, although I think he misread the comment.
KL7XK

Post by KL7XK »

hello agin....
well i have been working on this hot spot issue had the new anytone 587 for a month and have not made one contact living in bush alaska i would like this to work i am begining to think im not capable of figureing thiss out i bought new cable and a new tri band ant. going to set this up mabe im not getting into my hot spot ?hell i dont know mabe ill have to fork out 300 bucks for one of those fancy hot sopts from bridgecom... i try to work on thiss some more i did a factory reset. reinstalled pi-star software. went through my settings and redid my code plug so i ketting kinda lost
Mike KL7XK
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

KL7XK wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:46 pm I have a duel mmdvm and I set my code plug for simplex thinking I’m not going through a repeater… this could be a conflict?
Sounds painful ("duel" vs "dual").

When you say a dual mmdvm do you really mean a duplex (separate TX and RX antennas -- must be used in repeater mode) or just a dual-band (capable of operating on either 2m or 70cm, in simplex mode).

Ignoring the radio side for the moment, if you boot up the system and (assuming you installed the Brandmeister API key) select a busy talk group as "static" (say 3100 US Nationwide), does the dashboard show any traffic coming from the network side? Might want to sit monitoring for 30-45 minutes. Lack of traffic would tend to signal network problems.

If the you do see traffic on the dashboard, then the radio (set it to analog FM, not DMR, using the hotspot frequency -- you should hear digital noise when ever the dashboard shows it is receiving network traffic. It should then be a case of ensuring the DMR channel (frequency)/talkgroup/color-code/and time-slot are all compatible. Simplex hotspots only use time-slot 2.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber