Need some help with DMR2YSF settings

Help with DMR issues
AC1LC

Need some help with DMR2YSF settings

Post by AC1LC »

I've got my hotspot up and running and have it configured for DMR2YSF. The hotspot is showing activity and all the buttons appear to be correct, i.e. DMR and DMR XMode are both green as well as DMR network and DMR2YSF network.

I wrote a new codeplug for my Anytone 878plus. I've got several YSF talkgroups programmed in but I keep getting TX PROHIBIT when I try to transmit. I am using just the 5 digit YSF reflector number for the talkgroup ID. Is that correct or do I have to add "YSF" or "TG" in front of the number?

I made sure the color code settings for the groups I programmed were Color Code 1 and Time Slot 2 - all are set to group call. Is that all correct?

Thanks
AC1LC

Re: Need some help with DMR2YSF settings

Post by AC1LC »

OK, just discovered something. On my hotspot I have it pointed at the YSF reflector US-America-Link. All the other channels show TX Prohibited but the US America Link reflector allows me to receive and transmit. I thought that by using DMR2YSF and not DMRGateway we could use the different reflectors, like talkgroups, on the radio? Is that not the case?
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

AC1LC wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:56 pm OK, just discovered something. On my hotspot I have it pointed at the YSF reflector US-America-Link. All the other channels show TX Prohibited but the US America Link reflector allows me to receive and transmit. I thought that by using DMR2YSF and not DMRGateway we could use the different reflectors, like talkgroups, on the radio? Is that not the case?
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star-c ... 2ysfconfig Though some of the text seems to be in the wrong place and may not apply here
* In the Yaesu System Fusion Configuration module:

* YSF Startup Host – Select the YSF or FCS reflector you want to use. Currently, you can't change the reflector directly in the radio.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
AC1LC

Post by AC1LC »

I tried switching the hotspot to a different reflector, that doesn't work. Even changing the reflector that the hotspot is pointed at doesn't permit transmission on any of the other reflectors.