Dashboard translates TGs to Callsigns

Help with DMR issues
MD7MUP

Dashboard translates TGs to Callsigns

Post by MD7MUP »

I have 3 DMR networks configured on my Pi-Star and use various rewrite rules to ensure uniqueness among TGs, padding & prefixing with 1xxxxx for Brandmeister, 2xxxxx for Phoenix, and 3xxxxxx for TGIF. I recently found a talkgroup with a 6 digit ID (say 131665) and when I tried to dial that I ended up on 31665 on Brandmeister, because the first of my 6 characters identifies that network. So I thought I'd get around this by padding my rewrite rules to 8 characters instead of 6, but my CPS couldn't hack 8 so I went for 7.

My problem now is that some of those 7 character talkgroup IDs are also valid DMR IDs, e.g. 3023536, and the Pi-Star dashboard inserts that station's callsign instead of my talkgroup ID into the Target column.

As far as I can tell everything still works, but for a moment there I thought I was making private calls to VA3WZW. Does anyone know how to turn off this spurious ID-to-callsign lookup when making group calls? I can see how it might be of use for private calls, but outside of that scenario it's just confusing.