BM TG 31656 not working on hotspot

Help with DMR issues
N7NWA

BM TG 31656 not working on hotspot

Post by N7NWA »

Having issues with my MMDVM hotspot. All the sudden i can't get BM TG 31656 (America Link) to be received by my radio. 31656 and 3100 are the only Tg's that seem to be effected. I know there is traffic being transmitted as I have verified using hoseline. The radio RSSI level is being displayed on the radio as well as the light. On the display of the radio the current station talking DMR ID is displayed and changes with a new key-up

There have been no changes in programming on either the hotspot or radio. The radio's being used are Kenwood NX-5300 (2 radios) and NX-5800. All exhibit same issue.

If I use a local BM repeater on these talk groups the radios receive as they should, the issue is with my hotspot only.

Any ideas?
N7NWA

Re: BM TG 31656 not working on hotspot

Post by N7NWA »

The RF signal is there, however the talkgroup won't come through. Like I said nothing has changed programming wise on either radio or hotspot when this happened and everything was working fine before. This is why i am stumped because other talkgroups are working just fine.
N7NWA

Re: BM TG 31656 not working on hotspot

Post by N7NWA »

I rebooted many times, soft and hard. Today I have replaced the SD card with a fresh card, completely new install of Pi-Star. Everything is updated and upgraded. The problem still remains. I can TX to 31656 no problem with the radios, I have spoken to a guy on there, however I couldn't hear anything back from him on the radio, I had to use hoseline to hear his reply. All other TG's seem to be working just fine.

This issue is affecting all 3 of my Kenwood radios. 2 Kenwood NX-5300's FW is 4.51 and confirmed working with all other talkgroups on the hotspot. 1 Kenwood NX-5800 FW 4.40 is also working with all other talkgroups on the hotspot. All 3 radios work just fine on 31656 if using the local repeater, so the issue is why is the Pi-Star not transmitting correctly for these talkgroups to these radios?

No programming was being done when the issue happened to any device, these talkgroups just stopped working at random.