Hytera PD705LT doesnt hear my Pistar Hotspot

Help with DMR issues
M0SGL

Hytera PD705LT doesnt hear my Pistar Hotspot

Post by M0SGL »

Hello, another odd one and i need help from the wider community please.

I have a Hytera PD705LT that i am trying to program up to work with my hotspot. My Anytone 878 works perfectly, so its got to be within the hytera programming, but i cant see where im going wrong.

Following all the instructions i can talk in to the talkgroup, connect it, and be heard remotely (i can hear myself coming back on droidstar for example) but when someone replies on the talkgroup, (or i reply to myself via droidstar) the hytera shows a signal is being recieved,(I get a channel busy led) and audio comes out of my 878, but I do not hear any audio on my Hytera. (and yes the volume is up) almost like it doesnt unlock the squelch to hear anything.

Im running the hotspot in simplex mode, and if i key my 878 on the same frequency, the hytera wakes up and i hear my audio. Bottom line, the Hytera just doesnt like what's coming out of the hotspot. Any ideas where im going wrong?

And yes - I know its a simple radio, but i only really use a few talkgroups so dont need anything fancier.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Martin M0SGL
G8SEZ

Re: Hytera PD705LT doesnt hear my Pistar Hotspot

Post by G8SEZ »

What talkgroups are you using? Sounds like the hotspot is transmitting a TG that isn't in the Receive Group on the Hytera but to be sure we need to know a bit more about the setup.
--

Brian G8SEZ