DMR call sign issue

Help with DMR issues
W1FJM

DMR call sign issue

Post by W1FJM »

I have an MMDVM board that I use for DMR on Brandmeister. If I use my own callsign it works fine.

If I change the callsign to different(club) callsign The hotspot doesn't hear me and it doesn't show "listening" on the dashboard under "Radio Info" in the "TRX" field.

Thew callsign is registered with Brandmeister and th passwords match. Brandmeister does see it, so I don't thing it is a Brandmeister issue.

I am totally baffled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Fran
W1FJM
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: DMR call sign issue

Post by M1DNS »

Just a guess but..
Do you have seperate ID's for both callsigns? Youll need to ensure the callsigns have their own individual ID's and they must tie up. You wont connect using the club call against ur own personal ID.

As i say, just a guess so.
Id ask ur Q. in an official BM group. The admins there can look into the issue for you watching whats happening on ur server logins. Much easier than members here trying to guess ur issue. Telegram has a BM helpgroup dedicated to US users.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
W1FJM

Post by W1FJM »

I found my issue, actually a friend found it. I had my hotspot set to private and it needed to be set to pubic.
Fran
W1FJM
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

W1FJM wrote:I found my issue, actually a friend found it. I had my hotspot set to private and it needed to be set to pubic.
Yep, that'll do it.
If you don't set to public the rptr will only accept traffic for the callsign (ID) used in the main config.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.