DMR Repeater

Help with DMR issues
AF6VN

Re: DMR Repeater

Post by AF6VN »

VE3MIC wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:28 pm Thanks for the reply.. I believe that repeater IDs are typically 6 digits, but you did alert me to a problem. The Brandmeister repeater page shows VE3RIG

Ah... okay -- trying the number in the /repeater/ grid of RadioID did list it.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
VE3MIC

Post by VE3MIC »

Still no joy with RF connections to the repeater. The repeater keys up and transmits digital data(when monitored on an analogue/FM receiver) but nothing appears in the dashboard -either in the Gateway Activity nor the Local RF Activity. The connect tone on the DMR radio is a steady tone, indicating no connection. If I go through my openSPOT using the same DMR radio, to the same TG, it works, and I can see entries under the Gateway Activity.

The first part of the digital preamble appears to sound the same when listening on an FM receiver. However, the data stream when using the openSPOT is longer and appears to be sending out more data packets

Thanks again.
de Mike
N7GWA

Post by N7GWA »

I’m having the same issue on two repeaters. The anytone radio works beautifully, tyt radios won’t connect. The modem recognizes the data coming in and keys the repeater, but no handshake.
One repeater is running the STM-32DVM version 3, a kenwood TKR, and a Pi3B+, the other running kenwood TK-8180’s, the stm-32 version 4 board, and a Pi4.

Any updates on this?