Pi-Star bluetooth connection

All IP networking related issues
KC9DK

Pi-Star bluetooth connection

Post by KC9DK »

Is is possible to tether the pi-star to an iphone via bluetooth connection? My wifi hotspot from the phone is very unreliable (phone issue, not pi-star). Most times when I want to connect I have to restart my phone to make its broadcast its SSID. Is there a way to tether via Iphone's built in bluetooth feature for tethering? I'm using the MMDVM board with a Pi Zero. Any help would be appreciated.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Pi-Star bluetooth connection

Post by MW0MWZ »

Not currently, we have to move the on board bluetooth to the low speed UART, you can use the cable however.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
KC9DK

Post by KC9DK »

Thank you for the reply. I figured this was a very isolated issue that I was having. I'm not having a whole lot of luck hooking up the cable. I've looked through all the setup and am not finding any settings that need changed to be able to tether via iphone lightning cable to USB. I deleted the wireless configuration, hooked up the wire to the phone for bootup and powered on. Each time i still see the the AP start up and no network is connected. I really get the feeling this is a phone issue, but just wanted to check to make sure there isn't something I needed to set up.
W8DSB

Post by W8DSB »

How would one use a cable? what cable? I am trying to help a entire group of iphone users that can't connect after the 13.x.x updates. I have followed some info that uses ipheth with no luck so far.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Tethering over USB. Works with android devices.
No idea if it would work re. iPhone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N1KK

Post by N1KK »

would anyone know of a "How to" to USB tether or if bluetooth is now available and if so how do you do it.

I no longer have mobile hotspot offered to me by my carrier and looking for a cost free alternative like bluetooth
to get my hotspot up and running again in the car.

Thanks
Ken