PI-star randomly changed its IP address - HELP!

All IP networking related issues
W8DU

PI-star randomly changed its IP address - HELP!

Post by W8DU »

I noticed that yesterday I stopped being able to reach my pi-star (running on a RPi Zero W) over my home network. The radio still reaches it and I notice that all of a sudden, the pi-star is showing a different LAN IP address on the little OLED screen. It had been working well for weeks with my local IP address of 192.168.3.105. Now, with no intervention on my part, it is showing a LAN IP of 192.168.50.1. I can no longer reach it via IP because it is on a different subnet now.
Can anyone enlighten me as to how this happened and how I can fix it back to the 192.168.3.105 address that is compatible with my home LAN?

Tnx es 73 de Arnie W8DU
p.s. I had recently, as of 2 weeks ago, updated to the latest pi-star image.
W8DU

Re: PI-star randomly changed its IP address - HELP!

Post by W8DU »

I 'solved' the problem by creating a wpa_supplicant.conf file using the tool on this website. I then copied that file to the root directory on the micro-sd card, reinserted the card into the RPi Zero W and rebooted it. Voila!
Hope this helps someone.
73 de Arnie W8DU
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: PI-star randomly changed its IP address - HELP!

Post by M1DNS »

192.168.50.1 is the add for the internal pistar Access Point setup, indicating at some point your installation dropped connection with ur home wifi and couldn't reconnect.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.