Connecting to Pi-Star using Linux Mint 20

All IP networking related issues
W9KJO

Connecting to Pi-Star using Linux Mint 20

Post by W9KJO »

Hello all,

I have tried and tried to connect to my Pi-Star hotspot through my Linux Mint PC using the http://pi-star.local/admin/

The devices are ll connected to the same network in my home.
I can connect through my Windows 10 Laptop, but the Linux Mint 20 PC is my main PC, I really want to see the dash board on it.
I have tried with firewall enabled and disabled in Linux Mint 20.

Is there an IP address that can be used to access the Dash Board? How do I find the correct address?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Walter W9KJO
W1KMC

Re: Connecting to Pi-Star using Linux Mint 20

Post by W1KMC »

Couple things to try is drop .locah e.g http://pi-star/

If you can sewe the dashboard on another computer then go to the Configuration -> pi-star / raspberry (if asked) -> scroll to bottom. If you are on Wifi with this hotspot the IP will show up in the box -- If you are wired then you need to go to the computer that has the dashboard displayed and: configuration->Expert->SSH access (again pi-star / raspberry) and type ifconfig -- look for Lan0 and find the IP address.

Good Luck
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Connecting to Pi-Star using Linux Mint 20

Post by KE7FNS »

W9KJO wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:56 pm Is there an IP address that can be used to access the Dash Board?
Yes.
W9KJO wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:56 pm How do I find the correct address?
There are a number of different ways.

You look at your router DHCP table to see the attached devices and the addresses it assigned to those devices.

You scan your network using a network scanning app like "Fing"

You ssh into the RPi and use the command "ifconfig" to display the assigned address for whatever device wired (eth0) or wireless (wlan0).
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: