Putting software on sd card

WB4SJN

Putting software on sd card

Post by WB4SJN »

I d/led 4.1.0 from the pi-star web site. I expanded it and opened Balena Etcher and flashed the file onto the new sd card. But, when I placed the sd card in the hotspot and powered it up it was not detected by my router. I feel there is a step that I am missing to make the sd card usable. I just don't know what it is. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
KN2TOD

Re: Putting software on sd card

Post by KN2TOD »

Did you build the required Wifi file so the hotspot knows the name/password of your router? Try following these instructions: <https://www.pistar.uk/wifi_builder.php>
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

I have two hotspots, one homebrew and one store bought. The homebrew has 4.1.2 now. The store bought has 4.0.0 on it. Thanks for the reply.
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

I have configured my new sd card and the only problem right now is that I can't transmit. I am using the Anytone 868 with the same settings I have always used. I can hear the conversations, just can't transmit. I have checked settings over and over but no luck.
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

I think it is about time to buy a new hotspot!
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

You are a good person and I appreciate your help. Now both of my hotspots are 4.1.2 but there is one thing I just noticed they used to be 4.1.0-RC8. The RC-08 is what is missing. Could that be my problem? BTW- I never operate them both at one time, I only have one power adapter. Thank you again.
WB4SJN

Post by WB4SJN »

I talked to two people today and they both said the same thing. "Have you checked the TX/RX offset." And the answer was a resounding "NO". Once I set those the radio transmits on 4.1.2. Again, Thank you for all your help 73.