2.7in e-paper HAT

gd0nfn

2.7in e-paper HAT

Post by gd0nfn »

I am running pi-star on a 3b raspberry pi with a USB Zumspot, the Pi has a 2.7in e-paper HAT screen on board and I can't find settings in pi-starto support that screen. Is it possible to use such a screen with Pi-Star?
Any advice would be welcome.
John
KE7FNS

Re: 2.7in e-paper HAT

Post by KE7FNS »

gd0nfn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:50 pm Is it possible to use such a screen with Pi-Star?
No, it isn't.

The source code would need to be created in order to communicate with the hat using the SPI protocol, and then there are so many different sizes and resolutions that it would be very difficult to incorporate support for each and every one of them.

The other major problem is most of the people running hotspots are using the RPi GPIO to connect to their hat, and it would already be in use.

Someone would really need to develop a hat that accepts an e-paper screen, and then also develop the code for the information to be handled and displayed.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
gd0nfn

Re: 2.7in e-paper HAT

Post by gd0nfn »

Many thanks for the reply - what you say is what I expected but it's worth asking those more knowledgable than me.