MMDVD modem to use

W4IND

MMDVD modem to use

Post by W4IND »

I just received my MMDVM board from Amazon It is a AURSINC MMDVM Duplex Hotspot Module Dual Hat V1.3 . I can't find that listed in the radio modems list in the configuration file. Which one do I use?
KG6RUT

Re: MMDVD modem to use

Post by KG6RUT »

STM32-DVM/MMDVM_HS - Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO)

Have fun!
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

W4IND wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:53 pm Which one do I use?
Since it is a clone of a common dual hat use "MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat (DB9MAT, DF2FET, DO7EN) for Pi(GPIO).

I wouldn't use "STM32-DVM/MMDVM_HS-Raspberry pi Hat(GPIO)" although if you don't have a RPi 4 it will probably work, but with a RPi 4 it won't initialize.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: and again
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

Thats what works for me but as Jason stated I am not on a Pi4.....in fact the page I bought it from said to use that modem.

GL!
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

KG6RUT wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:40 pm Thats what works for me but as Jason stated I am not on a Pi4.....in fact the page I bought it from said to use that modem.
Yeah, I saw those instructions.

There are a number of settings that will technically operate, but the main difference between selecting what the instructions suggested and what I suggested is one automatically sets Duplex and one doesn't. (that doesn't mean you can't go in an manually set it later, its just part of the background handholding that the Pi-Star dashboard does for users)

Code: Select all

[General]
Duplex = 1
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: and again