DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
DG9FFM
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:10 am
Contact:

DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Post by DG9FFM » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:33 pm

DG IDs are not passed on by pistar's MMDVMHost. they are still set to 00.
Please update MMDVMHost.

Please update YSFGateway to support new YCS (FCS) servers. YSF- and FCS- protocol now support 100 DG-ID and option parameters for the static booking of several DG-IDs when registering with a ysf or fcs reflector.
See: https://github.com/g4klx/YSFClients/tre ... YSFGateway
Last edited by DG9FFM on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EA7IYR
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Re: DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Post by EA7IYR » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:42 pm

DG9FFM wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:33 pm
DG IDs are not passed on by pistar's MMDVMHost. they are still set to 00.
Please update MMDVMHost.

Please update YSFGateway to support new YCS (FCS) servers. YSF and FCS protocol now support 100 DG-ID and option parameters for the static booking of several DG-IDs when registering with a ysf or fcs reflector.
See: https://github.com/g4klx/YSFClients/tre ... YSFGateway
effectively mmdvm orginal has been sent for a long time DG-ID is really necessary to update this in pi star .. I thought it was already implemented .. but I wake up every day hoping for an update !!
please hope you update soon

KE7FNS
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 pm

Re: DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Post by KE7FNS » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:17 pm

I would like an update too, I wonder what the hold up is?
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:

G8SEZ
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:26 pm

Re: DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Post by G8SEZ » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:50 pm

KE7FNS wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:17 pm
I would like an update too, I wonder what the hold up is?
Andy doesn't usually commit anything during the late summer period, not sure why.
--

Brian G8SEZ

DG9FFM
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:10 am
Contact:

Re: DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Post by DG9FFM » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 am

G8SEZ wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:50 pm
KE7FNS wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:17 pm
I would like an update too, I wonder what the hold up is?
Andy doesn't usually commit anything during the late summer period, not sure why.
The last update of the pistar binarys seems to have been in April 2020 ...
When can another update be expected?

EA7IYR
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Re: DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Post by EA7IYR » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 am

DG9FFM wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 am
G8SEZ wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:50 pm
KE7FNS wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:17 pm
I would like an update too, I wonder what the hold up is?
Andy doesn't usually commit anything during the late summer period, not sure why.
The last update of the pistar binarys seems to have been in April 2020 ...
When can another update be expected?
even longer than DG-ID was added ..
It is very strange all software is updated with this facet (openspot, bluedv, mmdvm, and others ..)
Why don't the guys from pi star support the new generation of C4FM reflectors?
It seems like a lot of people just want DMR or that's the feeling

EA7EE
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:18 pm
Location: Huelva
Contact:

Re: DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Post by EA7EE » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 am

Yes, YAESU free software had advanced a lot. Now we can share picture and text message over YCS and EUROPELINK servers.

Also NEWS protocol has been hacked and now we can upload and download picture, text message and voice messages over PI-STAR NODES.
In addition, We can upload and download voice messages, text and pictures over a server node in the Internet, shared among all users of EUROPELINK on room 97.
Functionality is alike HRI-200. And we hope more new features to come.

However, the pi-star YSFGateway program require big modifications. It is not possible because that would need a complete rewrite of the software.
Instead, we had to create a new pi-star image to include all these new features.
It is experimental, but I don't understand why users couldn't take advantage from this improvements to use their equipment in full.
Because It's free as beer.

Also I don't understand as little modifications to support YCS options or to use DG-ID are not included in standard pi-star yet.
These modifications aren't complex.

I generated pull request for DG-ID changes and they were approved in short time.
Good for developers.

Regards
Manuel
EA7EE

KE7FNS
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 pm

Re: DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Post by KE7FNS » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:32 pm

DG9FFM wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 am
When can another update be expected?
I expected an update months ago. Its rather disappointing.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:

G8SEZ
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:26 pm

Re: DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Post by G8SEZ » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:25 pm

KE7FNS wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:32 pm
DG9FFM wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 am
When can another update be expected?
I expected an update months ago. Its rather disappointing.
The dragon stirs...
--

Brian G8SEZ

KE7FNS
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 pm

Re: DG-ID and support for new YCS-Reflectors

Post by KE7FNS » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:23 pm

G8SEZ wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:25 pm
KE7FNS wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:32 pm
DG9FFM wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 am
When can another update be expected?
I expected an update months ago. Its rather disappointing.
The dragon stirs...
Image
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:

Post Reply