FR1LC

Ysf2dmr

Post by FR1LC »

hello who can tell me how to set the hangtime rf and hangtime net. Thank you
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Ysf2dmr

Post by KE7FNS »

FR1LC wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:45 am hello who can tell me how to set the hangtime rf and hangtime net. Thank you
The defaults should be adequate.

Its just the time in seconds that the device waits for local RF, or network traffic while in a specific mode. It only affects how long it stays in a specific mode, so increasing the time means it is going to stay in whatever mode it is in longer after there is no signal in that mode, this will impact scanning for other modes as they will be delayed until the hangtime runs out.

So if you are only monitoring one mode, it won't make much of a difference, but if you monitor YSF and DMR, and set the DMR hangtime to 500 seconds, if any local RF or network traffic for YSF happens when you are in the 500 second hangtime it will not allow it through.

It is to prevent someone from wanting to have a conversation in one mode, and get interrupted by another mode.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: and again
FR1LC

Post by FR1LC »

so if I understand correctly the more time and close to 1 more the mmdvm will switch from one mode to another.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

FR1LC wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:15 pm so if I understand correctly the more time and close to 1 more the mmdvm will switch from one mode to another.
The LESS time and closer to 1.

You want it to stay in the mode you transmitted in for a while after you keyed up a radio.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

FR1LC

Post by FR1LC »

I want him to go to reception as quickly as possible because it is to put him in the car.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

FR1LC wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:35 am I want him to go to reception as quickly as possible because it is to put him in the car.
That is not what that setting does. It is for the MODE CHANGE.

It will always go to reception right away after you unkey a DMR radio, but if you set the hangtime very low and say a YSF talkgroup becomes active, it can block someone responding to you on DMR.

Just don't modify the default hangtime settings and you'll be fine.