Bridging Wires-X to YSF

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
KF5MIL

Re: Bridging Wires-X to YSF

Post by KF5MIL » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:55 pm

So that’s what I’m arriving to as being my problem. I have been trying with one hotspot but to accomplish this I will have to have two hotspots set to the same freq as wires x node?? One setup with with remote gateway set to 0 and one set to 1. Yes I am currently using a ftm400 in hri mode. Trying to bridge on simplex freq. I was starting to gather that but wanted another opinion before I invest any more money into this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KF5MIL

Post by KF5MIL » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 am

Too bad there’s not a setting to set the remote gateway independently on rx and TX when Zumspot is set to repeater mode. I think that would be a way around having two hotspots tied up at bridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W0JRG

Post by W0JRG » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:49 am

I should clarify here, I might not be doing the exact same thing you guys are attempting...

I am within approximately 1 mile (line of sight) of a Wires-X connected Fusion repeater. I am using the ZumSpot in Duplex mode to act as a bridge from that repeater to a YSF Reflector. The ZumSpot as I have it configured now will TX on the repeater input frequency when there is traffic on the YSF Reflector and RX the local repeater output frequency and send that traffic to the YSF Reflector.

Does that help at all? I really wish there was some sort of scenario based configuration documentation for pi-star.

KF5MIL

Post by KF5MIL » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:27 am

Basically the same scenario. Instead of duplex to fusion repeater. Im trying to link to hri-200 and ftm-400 via simplex. I have tried duplex also. Seem to be having trouble getting hri unit to let through traffic from Zumspot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kv4pn

Post by kv4pn » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:07 pm

OK guys I now understand that we can bridge if we access to wires repeater but not to a wires node. I will confirm this next weekend but this is not good news. Joe kv4pn