DMR2YSF and call sign display on dashboard

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
KA2Y

DMR2YSF and call sign display on dashboard

Post by KA2Y »

I have been playing with DMR2YSF and have found an oddity. One hotspot with a ZUMspot has difficulty staying connected to FCS reflectors. Another with a DVMega Dual-band radio stays connect to FCS00290 quite well. ???

I do have uPnP YES in configuration. If I change hotspots, what do I need to do with my Router? I am thinking that is where this problem is. Mu PnP our forwarding is aimed at the hotspot that works.

Second point is the call signs displayed on the Pistar dashboard. They do not all come through.

If you are using a FUSION radio and running straight YSF mode, are the C4FM calls displayed properly?
KA2Y

Re: DMR2YSF and call sign display on dashboard

Post by KA2Y »

Addendum:

Using a Pi Zero W Rev 1.1 and a Zumspot HAT firmware 1.4.8 20181107 dashboard on 3.4.16, - turned off the Nextion display setting in the Pi-Star configuration and physically disconnected it from the Pi (USB connected), reducing the computing load, seems to have helped pretty much on the display of calls. However, after letting it run all night, all appears fine. Until I transmit. When I am having a QSO, only my call sign appears, and the other station never does. If I end the qso and wait a few minutes, call signs start appearing again correctly. Pretty sure this is a bug in Pi-Star. And maybe I need to move this to a Pi 3B+. I am using DMR2YSF for the DMR Configuration and FCS00290 for the Yeasu System Fusion Configuration YSF Startup Host.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Heavy use of the Pi-Star dashboard on a Pi Zero is pretty taxing on the CPU, if you want to drive the nextion and NOT have the dashboard up all the time, that should work pretty well, or upgrade to a newer Pi.

We're on the verge of getting Pi-Star 4 out, that will help (a bit) with this, Pi-Star 5 will have my new dashboard that helps a LOT with this.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
K5ROC

Post by K5ROC »

This may not be directly related to the question. I have started to connect DMR2YSF. Most everything works but I see my call sign when someone is TX and it is not me. I am not new to pi-star I run three hot spots what I cannot find information about is what tgs to program in my DMR radio. When I use the talk group number that W1MSG said I still see my call sign some times. Can someone advise me about this?
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

The cross modes use the DMR ID lookup for almost all of the callsign munging between modes, YSF uses the callsign as presented by the radio, DMR uses DMR IDs - so what happens when there is no match - rather than panic, it swaps in the callsign / ID of YOUR hotspot/repeater etc.

Why this happens - brand new users on DMR that Pi-Star doesnt know about, or callsigns full of junk on YSF radios, there is nothing in YSF to validate them so they can really end up full of weird stuff, like having me use MW0MWZ-AND (10 char limit) the radio wont care, YSF takes that as valid, even though its clearly not.
Similarly there are a number of NXDN users that pick arbitrary numbers for their radios - so you see this on xxx2NXDN cross-over quite a lot.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

Seeing my call on the Dashboard freaked me out and I started messing with my Hotspot immediately.

Suggested fix is to use "UNKNOWN" instead of displaying my own call. That I understand.

jb N4NQY
M1AFY

Post by M1AFY »

I have just set up this cross mode too, and as a previous user said seeing your hotspot TX'ing with your own callsign caused me some worry initally until i actuall listed to the transmssion and found it to me indeed not myself HI.

Would I be correct in thinking if the ID transmitted from your HotSpot is detailed as your own ID then the user who is actually transmitting would be via a YSF TG, if its a valid users DMR IDtransmitted by your HotSpot they are simply using the GATEWAY TG prefixed by 7 and not coming from the YSF group?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Previously it showed ******* then unknown and now it shows the configuration call. Users ask it to be changed, and it was changed.
So if you want unknown
a. we're going in circles,
b. blame all those who wanted it changed

It highlights missing ID no's for YSF users of yaesu radios that are based on callsign, not ID's.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.