Bridging Wires-X to YSF

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
Ki5gnl

Re: Bridging Wires-X to YSF

Post by Ki5gnl »

Does anyone have the pdf?

I've been working on ours for 2 weeks now and I cant get rid of the doubling. It is transmitting on rf and net at same time and a 1 to 2 sec delay making it unreadable
K9JTV

Post by K9JTV »

I would be interested in the pdf also. I just got my reflector set up and am trying to bridge between a Zumspot and an HRI-200. I set up the tx/rx offset between the two but nothing coming across either. I'm sure I'm missing something.

-Jeff
KJ7TTY

Post by KJ7TTY »

This is a pretty old thread, sorry for reviving it, but this is the only place I can find that mentions a solution for what I'm trying to do.
I have everything up and running properly besides the RF bridge link between the duplex pi-star (linked to my YSF node), and my duplex Wires-X HRI-200 room.
TX and RX frequencies are inverted, and RemoteGateway is set to 1, but do not see/hear anything either direction across the RF bridge.
Is the mentioned PDF document still available and useful after all these years?
KJ7TTY

Post by KJ7TTY »

After a full reboot of the duplex pi-star, I see traffic getting across the RF bridge to the Wires-X radio and HRI-200 (Local lights up), but not being repeated from there.
And in reverse, nothing across the RF bridge.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

The basics are Yaesu dont want you on their network. They want you to buy into their hardware to allow you to access wires X.
Successive firmwares from them have made it more and more difficult to achieve direct mmdvm hardware connection to their hardware and of rf bridging. Even with instances where sysops have replied they have no 3rd party connections to their room yeasu frontmen still blame hotspot users for failures with their offering.

For that main reason, other than mmdvmhosts original ability (pre Yaesu updates) we never looked at pistar having the usecase or ability to run as a rf bridge between wires x and other modes.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G960F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.