Saving rooms in FT-70DR five memory slots

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
KN4QFV

Saving rooms in FT-70DR five memory slots

Post by KN4QFV »

Seems I can save YSF rooms in the five memory slots in the FT-70DR (C1 - C5), but when I shut down and come back later, they are no longer saved - the five slots are blank again. Any thoughts?
Troy Davis- Now K4JDA
Kennesaw, GA
N9KO

Re: Saving rooms in FT-70DR five memory slots

Post by N9KO »

You can save FCS reflector numbers, and I assume WIRES-X node numbers.
KD0YD

Post by KD0YD »

Below is the text from the Yaesu rep John Kruk that was posted on Facebook System Fusion Group.

Link to facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/YaesuS ... Official/

The next to the last paragraph explains why the YSF/FCS do not save permentaly in the 5 wires-x channels.
John Kruk
Time to clear up some confusion that has been popping up on some (Anti) Yaesu System Fusion sites. This is in regards to YSF and FCS reflectors.

The first one and the biggest one is that YSF and FCS reflectors are not owned, maintained, designed, or monitored by Yaesu in any way, shape, or form. Yaesu System Fusion (C4FM) is an open protocol and people have made these types of servers or reflectors for Yaesu System Fusion voice protocol.

Some have crossed these FCS and YSF reflectors over to the WiRES-X network but they are NOT, and I stress NOT, a direct connection to the WiRES-X network. The only thing that can be directly connected to the WiRES-X network is a HRI-200.

These devices have caused some audio issues especially when doing a crossmode set-up (one digital voice mode to C4FM). This can create audio issues or issues in where people are not heard but the callsign appears. This is NOT a WiRES-X issue but usually a crossmode issue with the device.

Remember that these devices that give you access to these reflectors are not true Yaesu System Fusion (C4FM) transmitters as they do NOT have a DP-ID. Therefore, you need to be careful if you choose to block a node or room because of the traffic or issues created by these bridges. EXAMPLE: If you have a crossover from a device using an FCS or YSF reflector to a WiRES-X node the node ID will be shown across the room. Therefore, if you block that node because of issues you take out everything with that node. Be it the users with Yaesu System Fusion radios going into the node directly or the devices carrying the FCS or YSF reflector traffic.

WiRES-X nodes or rooms use actual numbers as the address to the room. Therefore, when you attempt to save a room into a WiRES-X memory on a radio they will save. If you attempt to save an FCS or YSF reflector it WILL NOT work. EXAMPLE: Yaesu nodes start with a 1xxxx or a 3xxxx number and rooms start with a 2xxxx or a 4xxxx number. So if you want to store say room 21001 into a WiRES-X memeory slot you can enter 21001 or the room name. YSF reflectors do not have a number associated with them and FCS numbers do not work. Even with FCS the server 00x and reflector xx equal a five digital number the number would always stat with a 0 (like 00xxx). The radio knows that 0 is not a valid number and will not save it. It might until the radio powers off but then it will be gone.

This is just to clear up questions about FCS and YSF that users have had recently. This is not a post about saying which one is better than the other. WiRES-X operation is very different then FCS and YSF operation. Thank you for reading this and I hope that this answers peoples questions.
K5IJD

Post by K5IJD »

OK. Just to clarify... What does get stored in those FT-70D memories? Wires-x rooms? Nodes?

I can access wires-x local nodes and repeaters with the FT-70 and connect to (but not save: as JK says) FCS & YSF rooms by number.

is there a list somewhere of savable rooms for the FT-70D?

Are wires-x rooms only available through the Yaesu Interface box?

73's
g7kbr

Post by g7kbr »

K5IJD wrote:OK. Just to clarify... What does get stored in those FT-70D memories? Wires-x rooms? Nodes?

I can access wires-x local nodes and repeaters with the FT-70 and connect to (but not save: as JK says) FCS & YSF rooms by number.

is there a list somewhere of savable rooms for the FT-70D?

Are wires-x rooms only available through the Yaesu Interface box?

73's
Hi you seem to be a FT-70 user. I run a Pi-star repeater in the UK. I have a user who has a FT-70. He can connect but is unable to connect to a FCS room. Unlink the FTM-100 which allows you to search a list of available rooms. He can’t do this, also I asked if he can connect via using the dtmf via the keypad. But he’s still having issues.

I wonder can you advice me on how you do this functions on the FT-70.

Regards

Paul
G7kBR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M7TNY

Post by M7TNY »

I'm an FT-70 user. I haven't been able to save to the five memories when using a repeater or hotspot. While I haven't had the chance to use one I *believe* they do work with the HRI box.

To get into the FCS rooms takes a small amount of mathematical jiggery-pokery when using the Pistar. You use the same procedure as accessing the YSF rooms, but the FCS room number has to be converted. For example.

To enter: FCS00102 you need to input 00012
FCS00124 you need to input 00034

If you start from the list on pistar.co.uk it starts with a difference of -90 from the FCS number, but it shifts in places as you go down the list, the system is dynamic and rooms are inserted and deleted. So using a spreadsheet does work to some extent, but there's no telling when changes might happen.

Hope this helps.

Tony, 2E0TXH
g7kbr

Post by g7kbr »

M7TNY wrote:I'm an FT-70 user. I haven't been able to save to the five memories when using a repeater or hotspot. While I haven't had the chance to use one I *believe* they do work with the HRI box.

To get into the FCS rooms takes a small amount of mathematical jiggery-pokery when using the Pistar. You use the same procedure as accessing the YSF rooms, but the FCS room number has to be converted. For example.

To enter: FCS00102 you need to input 00012
FCS00124 you need to input 00034

If you start from the list on pistar.co.uk it starts with a difference of -90 from the FCS number, but it shifts in places as you go down the list, the system is dynamic and rooms are inserted and deleted. So using a spreadsheet does work to some extent, but there's no telling when changes might happen.

Hope this helps.

Tony, 2E0TXH
Hi Tony

Thanks for this information, the user has now been able to program his unit and access the required rooms.

Regards

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk