WiresX Auto Passthrough

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
N4NQY

Re: WiresX Auto Passthrough

Post by N4NQY »

I am on RC3 and fully updated. Did not know I needed to press the Dx key again, but I did and selected YSF2P25. Trying to select Talkgroups shows me "NO DATA". And I cannot get back to select a different mode. Pressing Dx again disconnects from Wires-X.

I know I am doing it wrong but I am missing something.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

For each step you need to back out of X mode then come back in agn.

X button list of connections
Ysf2DMR
X button

X button
Dmr TG list
Select TG.

-------------

X button list of connections
Ysf2nxdn
X button

X button
Nxdn tg list
Select from list.

Also ensure you have all the crossover mode configs set
connect at start-up set to none.

Also not using a 100 myself but Ft1 & Ft2 H/Hs

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

Here are the steps I take:
  • Start Radio and Hotspot Cold.
    Long Press Dx to Connect to Hotspot in Wires-X/Digital mode
    Comes up in “YSF2DMR” mode with a flashing arrow next to the mode.
    I Select a different Mode (YSF2P25), the mode blinks (All of the Modes show a “0” on the right side which I take to men that there are no TGs associated)
    Hit Dx key, noting happens
    Hit “Band” key
    Get “Connected”, Blinking Mode stops and there is no Blinking arrow
    Hit “Band” (where I think should bring me a list of Talkgroups)
    Comes back with “NO DATA”
    Hit Dx key
    Nothing happens
    Hit “Band” button
    Comes back "No Data".
    Hit Long “Band” button
    I get the normal “Category” list
    Selecting “All” (with the DISP button) gives me a List of 644 YSF Rooms
Cannot seem to get back to the Select Mode step without restarting the services on the Pi.

Maybe someone with a FTM-100DR can jump in and add something to the conversation concerning the Key combinations ???

jb
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Yeah the differing key combos between models isn't really helping here...

One friend has a 100 as does another a 400 and lots of times its really confusing / frustrating when we try to talk one another through different things because of the different key sequences.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

I think my issue is radio specific???

I am not sure why Pi-Star thinks all of the crossmode TG lists are "0" or non-existent. If I solve this, my only real problem would be that once I select a mode, I cannot change it without restarting the Services and reconnecting.

Going to grab Dinner hear and try reading manual and experiment with some of the buttons.

Thanks and 73

jb N4NQY
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

I have spent another 4 hours and came to the conclusion that:

1. the problem is probably the interaction between the FTM-100DR and either the YSFGateway or Pi-Star (perhaps the 100 is missing a command or button for one or more commands)
2. Once you are in Wires-X mode and connect to a mode, there is no way for the radio to tell the gateway that it wants to change modes (i.e YSF2P25 from YSF2DMR), The only TG that you can use is the Default one.
3. Once in a CrossMode you should be able to do a short press on the "Band" button to get a list of Talkgroups. You always get "No Data". Although I have seen the Startup TG and TG4 as 2 choices in YSF2DMR, if I set it to the StartUp Mode.

Someone else will have to take it from here and I hope that if you get it this workin on a FTM=100DR that you share your setup.

73 N4NQY
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

Another piece to the pie. When I use my Duplex Hotspot with V7 RC3. I set it to "Simplex" and that keeps showing in "Configuration" but in the MMDVMHost file it shows Duplex as a "1" which I assume is "Yes". YSF misbehaves when this is on. Setting it to "0", the Wires-X command gets through.
HB9GKC

Post by HB9GKC »

It works and I am able to switch to any 5 digits TG (6 digit TG i guess is not supported) but it stay connected as far as someone is talking on the destination TG.
As soon as the PTT is dropped on the TG then I am sent back to my original TG (set in Pi-Star).
It is impossible to follow a QSO

Luigi
hb9gkc
FTM-400
Zumspot
HB9GKC

Post by HB9GKC »

HB9GKC wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:38 am It works and I am able to switch to any 5 digits TG (6 digit TG i guess is not supported) but it stay connected as far as someone is talking on the destination TG.
As soon as the PTT is dropped on the TG then I am sent back to my original TG (set in Pi-Star).
It is impossible to follow a QSO

Luigi
hb9gkc
FTM-400
Zumspot
Ok, Then It turns out that PTT must be pushed to activate the TG (on demand) to keep the TG connected.
HB9GKC

Post by HB9GKC »

n1id wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:34 pm Everything seems to be working fine on my FT70D. However I have a question, when using ysf2dmr and setting talk group with wires x how do I connect to a six digit talk group. Thanks
I would like to understand if this is possible too.