WiresX Auto Passthrough

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: WiresX Auto Passthrough

Post by MW0MWZ »

VK2YMU wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:23 pm I did some testing in YSF mode (no ysf2 bridge)
I turned the two new switches off "Uppercase and Wirex pass"
I assume that this would allow me to select ysf hosts as if without the additions.
I made a video that shows this is now broken.

Please look at the video. It could just be that this is where the problem is..

I will test with another unit that has not been patched, but I note the extra buttons are now present, so you must have done an update for this. I confirm that the same issue exists with another hot spot.
It first links then unlinks, the status of the two extra switches don't seem to make any difference.

Link to Video
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t4Oqz ... Y6jnWZK2vg
Really handy video - I think I know where the problem with that it - I have patched YSFGateway, please update and re-test for me.
I suspect that this *is* radio dependant since the FT-2D I use, does not show this behaviour.

I would also add that its well worth turning the RX offset, your WiresX commands will get much closer to 100% hit rate then.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
VK2YMU

Post by VK2YMU »

Your fix worked a charm, thank you.
Note my board runs 0.1% BER, I knew that was not the problem, I traced the issue to a broken YSF linking as the video I made shows..

Tested on all my hotspots and its working fine.

Great stuff this is a very powerful addition to the functionality of the YSF2xx
I was thinking of creating a list of DMR talk groups to add to your list, so that TG selection of AU rooms becomes as easy as that of using a DMR radio Zone functions.

Well done Andrew
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

VK2YMU wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:47 am Your fix worked a charm, thank you.
Note my board runs 0.1% BER, I knew that was not the problem, I traced the issue to a broken YSF linking as the video I made shows..

Tested on all my hotspots and its working fine.

Great stuff this is a very powerful addition to the functionality of the YSF2xx
I was thinking of creating a list of DMR talk groups to add to your list, so that TG selection of AU rooms becomes as easy as that of using a DMR radio Zone functions.

Well done Andrew
Thanks for the feedback - I'll push the changes up to Jonathan's repo for the non pi-star world :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
kc3lyz

Post by kc3lyz »

Is the YSF pass-through ready on 3.14 builds? I updated and do see the "Wires-X passthrough" box, but when hitting the Wires-X button, I can only get the initial screen showing the YSF2DMR gateway, and nothing happens when I try to list talkgroups/reflectors, just 2 beeps. Looks like a really good feature and thanks for adding it; I didn't have any success before listing reflectors from the Wires-X screen even in straight YSF mode, but I'm able to get to both DMR and YSF when selecting them from the configuration on the dashboard page.

Bob Rodriguez
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Once we are sure its stable it will come to 3.4.x also.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
ON3AD

Post by ON3AD »

I have something odd going on with YSF2DMR + WiresX passthrough. I'm linked to the BM 206 master (Belgium).

When I'm connected to TG2061; I also get audio from e.g. 2069. trying #04000 (DTMF) / TG disconnect (from the wires-X menu) to remove all those, gives me the voice message that it's getting unlinked. However: 2069 (and other BE tg's) keep coming back. Any idea why?
ON3AD

Post by ON3AD »

OK, found it :)

Putting my regular DMR ID in the options caused it to use the settings of my other hotspot (altough the hotspot itself had my 206021301 setting :) )

Seems fixed now ;)

Half deviation + RXlevel/TXlevel 54 (gives nices calibration in spec an) + bit more offset correction = low BER.
n1id

Post by n1id »

Everything seems to be working fine on my FT70D. However I have a question, when using ysf2dmr and setting talk group with wires x how do I connect to a six digit talk group. Thanks
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

I have FTM-100DR and am wondering if there is operational info on running multiple Modes and radio control.

I can pick the Gateway for the mode I want to use, but getting confused on how to get to the Talkgroup.

I have all the YSF2XXX modes started with no "Start Talkgroup" in any. I connect to the Hotspot in Wires-X mode (hold the Dx key), select the mode, etc. Then I am stumped.

I admit I am a novice at YSF but but have lots of MMDVMHost and Pi-Star experience. We gotta get a cookbook for all the options.

73 jb
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Firstly you need to be running vers. 4 RC3
It hasn't been fully integrated into 3.4.**

But once you get to where your at

Press X key agn and it should show the crossover modes
Select the one you need press agn and get the list for that mode.
Select from the list.

Hers the main thread...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1394

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.