YSF not passing traffic on pistar

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: YSF not passing traffic on pistar

Post by MW0MWZ » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:45 pm

What model radio was it ?

I just patched YSFGateway to solve a similar problem, please update and see if the problem is gone...
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk

AF7FS

Post by AF7FS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:02 pm

I connected to YSF on Pi-Star and talked on America-Link on Saturday, Feb 2nd using an FT2D.
I did not know there was a problem until I saw this post. I do not have an FT-70 and wondered
what happens on the FT2D.

To test for the problem, I connected to 3 YSF rooms and 3 FCS rooms; however, I had to
disconnect from Wires X on the radio and reconnect for the rooms to show up on the radio.
In each case there was a connect announcement on the FT2D when I connected to the rooms on
the Pi-Star config page and it showed as connected to the room on the dashboard but not on the
radio until I disconnected and reconnected to Wires X on the FT2D.

AC8OB

Post by AC8OB » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:18 am

I've seen a similar issue to WX5OU when I enable uppercase hostfiles in the YSF configuration. I run update as suggested but no luck. Disable the uppercase hostfiles and everything works again (without running update).

Version 3.4.16 and 3.4.17 on two different installs. Radio is FT70D.
Nick - G4IRX - MB6IRX - AC8OB
IO92JV - EN70VN

W7DTH

Post by W7DTH » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:46 am

MW0MWZ wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:34 am
I've tested this and cannot replicate it - does it happen with a specific room ?
I have been playing around with it and if I turn off UPPERCASE Hostfiles in config when I am using my FT-70D then it will connect to America-Link and Alabama Link at startup and/or when I pick it from the drop down list. I can RX/TX like I have been since I built my ZUMspot a couple months ago.

But when I turn on UPPERCASE Hostfiles...
1) I can only change YSF rooms if I input them using my FT-70D in Wires-X mode and enter the YSF room number. I can't get it to connect to America Link or Alabama Link from the drop down list in config...just won't link when I return to Admin dashboard.
2) I can pick a FCS reflector from the dropdown list in config and it will show connected when I return to admin.
3) and sometimes when I pick some YSF rooms from the dropdown list in config it will switch to a FCS reflector when I return to admin. When I go back into config it no longer says the YSF I picked just moments before but rather a FCS farther on down the list.
TOTALLY MIND BLOWING WHAT IS GOING ON.

So I am guessing that when UPPERCASE Hostfiles are "on" you have to use Wires-X mode to drive room changes for YSF rooms and when UPPERCASE Hostfiles are "off" you can use the dropdown list in config.

MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Now I understand what you were doing and why it was not working - patched the YSFGateway on Pi-Star and also submitted patches back to Jonathan's master repo too.

Update and re-test please.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ

W7DTH

Post by W7DTH » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:37 pm

MW0MWZ wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:49 pm
Update and re-test please.
That seems to have fixed it on my Home Pi3B+ running Pi-Star: v4.0.0-RC3/Dashbord: 20190205...I can make the changes using either the dashboard or Wire-X mode on the FT-70D again.
On the other hand my Mobile Pi Zero W running Pi-Star: 3.4.17/Dashboard 20190205...still has the same problem.

Hope this helps
Steve

AF5XC

Post by AF5XC » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:21 am

I have added the MMDVM and YSFGateway logs as attachments. Currently the YSF Mode and YSF Network are green on the dashboard. The YSF Network is 'not linked' and it is not passing traffic. Thanks for you help with this!
Attachments
Pi-Star.zip
MMDVM and YSF logs
(6.01 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

AF5XC

Post by AF5XC » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:48 am

I posted the log files in the previous post. I then searched the forums for the 'Error returned from sendto, err: 1' that I was getting in the YSFGateway.log. The solutions pointed to a pi-star firewall issue where a non-standard port was used (which is my case) I added the external port for US Oklahomalink (46001) to the firewall ipv4.fw file and sudo ran the firewall. Still does not hold the connection.

MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:39 am

3.4.x builds have not been updated - I'm making sure that the large run of changes in YSFGateway is actually stable, there is also a LOT of logging in YSFGateway at the moment, I need to reduce that before we push it.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ

4I1AGD

Post by 4I1AGD » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:45 am

I have a similar problem. I usually connect to FCS004-88. After a reboot the FCS004-88 successfully links to the hotspot. However, after a few minutes of being idle (no traffic), it disconnects and displays "not linked". The only way to link again is to try a manual link or reboot the system then it will work again. I am using a NanohotSPOT from China. No issue when I am using DMR.

In addition, based on my observation, FCS gets disconnected after more or less an hour, with or without traffic. Will try some YSF reflector and see if it is the same.

Hope to get feedback from you guys. Thanks.