Shorten/Limit WIRES-X List

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
NQ4T

Re: Shorten/Limit WIRES-X List

Post by NQ4T »

MW0MWZ wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:28 pm
You are welcome, the changes to swap spaces to "-" is already done, so searches are already better than they were, just update and the newer host files with no more spaces in them will arrive.
I'll update it later and report back. I'm anxious to see if the update is going to wipe out some of the files I've placed in the dashboard and mmdvmhost directories to facilitate my APRS-IS scripting...which I'm playing with and making the kind of headway I'd hate to ruin the momentum.

Jay/NQ4T
NQ4T

Post by NQ4T »

Search is much improved. I can now search for US-NQ4T and it will find both of my reflectors.

If I just search for NQ4T it finds nothing.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Just an update - the YSF Registry owner contacted me to let me know he's getting some heat over my change to replace the spaces, and honestly I can understand that.

The crux of the problem is the spaces, since you can't search on them... so...

I spent some time tonight reading the YSFGateway code and found the search routine, it is very efficient, but only matches the start of the string...

I have made a modified version for Pi-Star v4 that matches the search term anywhere in the name of the reflector...
Assuming this doesn't blow up something else in YSFGateway that I don't expect, I expect to push the same change into Pi-Star v3.

Its also possible that Jonathan will tell me my search is not as efficient, so it may get some more modification on the way to being accepted.

In the short term the host files have been reverted to include spaces, and I expect them to stay that way, because the fixed up search removes the issue.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
HB9GKC

Post by HB9GKC »

I Was able to shorten and personalize the list of reflectors shown on the radio (obtained with the search 'ALL' on the Yaesu radio)

By Default the list of reflectors is stored in the following location:

/usr/local/etc/YSFHosts.txt

This File is automatically updated by Pi-Star (I guess every night)

If you create a copy of this file somewhere else (e.g. /home/YSFHosts.txt) you can edit it and remove the line you don't want and leave there only the reflectors of your interest (to do so I had to set rpi-rw in pi-star console to get writing permission; perhaps you have to be root as well (sudo su).

Once you have your 'customized' reflector list you have to tell pi-star to read from it:
from the dashboard you press: Configuration;Expert;YSF GW
in the YSF Network section you replace /usr/local/etc/YSFHosts.txt with the location/file of your interest.

With a limited list, the search function and filtering by string, became smoother as well on my radios (FTM-400;FT2;FT3;FT991)

The only problem I got is that the crossmode YSF2DMR is not working anymore; I haven't figured out why yet.

I hope this can help someone.
/usr/local/etc/YSFHosts.txt
73 de Luigi

HB9GKC
YL3IM

Post by YL3IM »

The update of /usr/local/etc/YSFHosts.txt can be commented out in /usr/local/sbin/HostFilesUpdate.sh, just add a # before this line:

Code: Select all

curl --fail -o ${YSFHOSTS} -s http://www.pistar.uk/downloads/YSF_Hosts.txt
Or just make the file immutable by:

Code: Select all

chattr +i /usr/local/etc/YSFHosts.txt
After that even root won't be able to alter it :)