YSF2DMR has no "Options" for DMR+ servers

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
VE1AIC

YSF2DMR has no "Options" for DMR+ servers

Post by VE1AIC »

I use DMR+_IPSC2 servers most of the time for DMR. When in DMR mode, the DMR Configuration panel has a 'DMR+ Network:' setting to create a "Options=" statement. This is used to set the static talkgroups on the server and it works great.

However, if you are running YSF + YSF2DMR, the DMR network setup is in the 'Yaesu System Fusion Configuration' panel.
That panel does not have an "Options:" setting when a DMR+_IPSC2 server is selected.

For YSF2DMR the "Options:" would be added to the ysfgateway file.

Can this panel be updated to include the "Options:" setting when DMR+_IPSC2 servers are selected.
Thanks,
Ron

(Using Pi-Star:4.0.0-RC4 / Dashboard: 20190514)
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: YSF2DMR has no "Options" for DMR+ servers

Post by MW0MWZ »

YESF2DMR is driven by the YSF Radio, you can drive the connected TG/Ref etc from the radio, so the options like is not required.

Using YSF2DMR you would only ever want one single TG active, so if anything I should hard-code the options line to be "Userlink=1; TS2_1=9"
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
VE1AIC

Post by VE1AIC »

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your comments.
Yes in the old days we used Reflectors on DMR+ and the Private call made that TG static.
The DMR+_IPSC2 servers I use no longer support Reflectors.
While it's easy to use the talkgroup when you transmit, the server does not leave that static for receive.
Also the servers I use, have only a 15 second TG hang time it's so useless for monitoring.

Our only choice seems to be the "Options:=" setting in the server connection, in the case of YSF2DMR it's via ysfgateway.

In your example then, if it was coded that the defined (single) talkgroup was used to set the "Options:=" that would work fine.

In panel Yaesu System Fusion Configuration, when DMR Master: is a DMR+_IPSC2 type server,
Use the "DMR TG: 3029" to add this line in the ysfgateway.

Options:="UserLink=1;TS2_1=3029"
(Where TG 3029 is the talkgoup I want static)

Thanks for your support.
Ron VE1AIC
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

OK I'll have a look at that - 15 seconds for TG time-out is pretty crazy!
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
DG9FFM

Post by DG9FFM »

VE1AIC wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:04 pm Hi Andy,
Thanks for your comments.
Yes in the old days we used Reflectors on DMR+ and the Private call made that TG static.
The DMR+_IPSC2 servers I use no longer support Reflectors.
While it's easy to use the talkgroup when you transmit, the server does not leave that static for receive.
Also the servers I use, have only a 15 second TG hang time it's so useless for monitoring.

Our only choice seems to be the "Options:=" setting in the server connection, in the case of YSF2DMR it's via ysfgateway.

In your example then, if it was coded that the defined (single) talkgroup was used to set the "Options:=" that would work fine.

In panel Yaesu System Fusion Configuration, when DMR Master: is a DMR+_IPSC2 type server,
Use the "DMR TG: 3029" to add this line in the ysfgateway.

Options:="UserLink=1;TS2_1=3029"
(Where TG 3029 is the talkgoup I want static)

Thanks for your support.
Ron VE1AIC

All IPSC2-Servers are supporting reflectors.
Try it and find out...
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

I'm quite sure Ron meant 15 minutes - NOT 15 seconds.

You can witness this timer on any ISPC2 Dashboard. You can cancel the timer with a call to 400 (no not 4000, 400)

I was just investigating this issue for a friend.
I tried a Cron job to ysflink every 20 minutes but unfortunately, like any YSF linking, it doesn't get a key-up which is what's need to connect to the IPSC2 server. It just silently reconnects as you would expect from a normal YSF reflector linking.

So I suppose I'm seconding this ability to issue an options line (as per normal instruction of DMR+ connection instruction) for YSF2DMR connections to ISPCS2 servers.

Alan
Alan
VK1AO