DX button search of hostfile

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
AE5JO

DX button search of hostfile

Post by AE5JO » Mon May 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Fusion radios, at least the ones I have, do not allow for space or underscore in DX button searches of room/reflector names. The only characters allowed outside of alpha and numeric are slash and hyphen. Would it be possible to replace spaces in host files with hyphens when updating hostfiles (or set an option for it like the "ALL CAPS") so the radio may be used to search through reflectors (and DMR talkgroups when using YSF2DMR) more effectively?

MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: DX button search of hostfile

Post by MW0MWZ » Mon May 27, 2019 9:20 pm

AE5JO wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:22 pm
Fusion radios, at least the ones I have, do not allow for space or underscore in DX button searches of room/reflector names. The only characters allowed outside of alpha and numeric are slash and hyphen. Would it be possible to replace spaces in host files with hyphens when updating hostfiles (or set an option for it like the "ALL CAPS") so the radio may be used to search through reflectors (and DMR talkgroups when using YSF2DMR) more effectively?
This is not as important as it once was, I modified the YSFGateway a while back to make the search match anywhere in the name (not just at the start).
Currently this only applies to YSFGateway and NOT YSF2xxx modes, but I have asked Andy (CA6JAU) who wrote those to make the same change.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk

AE5JO

Re: DX button search of hostfile

Post by AE5JO » Tue May 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Wonderful! Great to know Andy, thank you!