Direct Seach doesn't seem to work with FTM-400

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
AE5JO

Direct Seach doesn't seem to work with FTM-400

Post by AE5JO »

When I try using FTM-400DR to search for reflectors, it returns "No Data" even though I see hotspot is transmitting a response.
"ALL" works and returns a list of reflectors.

I can do the same search on FT-1DR and FT-2DR and it works flawlessly which makes me think that there is something different about what is needed for the FTM-400 to respond/display the list. I also used a friend's FTM-400 with the same results so I think the issue may be specific to the model and not just my FTM-400. Just for fun we tried searching on the OpenSpot2 and had the same results - works on FT-1 and FT-2 but neither of the FTM-400's. Any ideas?
AE5JO

Re: Direct Seach doesn't seem to work with FTM-400

Post by AE5JO »

Oddly enough, when in YSF2DMR mode, it DOES populate the DMR talk group search results on the FTM400's but not the YSF/FCS. Something to do with host file? I tried with all caps, without all caps, with YSF2DMR enabled, YSF2DMR disabled, WIRES-X passthrough enabled and disabled...
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Have you tried setting the uppercase option too ?
What was the search term ?
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
AE5JO

Post by AE5JO »

I did. I started with all caps. I have tried "US", "TEXAS", "SA" and others.
AE5JO

Post by AE5JO »

Still no luck. It works fine with FT2 but not FTM400.
N1DLS

Post by N1DLS »

Same problem here and identical results as AE5JO on my FTM-400. Tried toggling UPPERCASE as well, no joy.

Example - I searched on "US" and the FTM-400 returned a "NO DATA" message but after backing out SEARCH & DIRECT to the room list, '"US"-> 999' is displayed on the upper left corner of the room list, which appears to be unfiltered.

Oddly enough, searching on "FCS", "FCS003" etc seems to work well.

I'm a noob on this forum and PI-STAR in general, my apologies if there's something here that I'm missing.

Dave
N1DLS
HB9GKC

Post by HB9GKC »

AE5JO wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:10 pm Oddly enough, when in YSF2DMR mode, it DOES populate the DMR talk group search results on the FTM400's but not the YSF/FCS. Something to do with host file? I tried with all caps, without all caps, with YSF2DMR enabled, YSF2DMR disabled, WIRES-X passthrough enabled and disabled...
In fact if I do a search while in YSF2DMR mode, I am able to get a list of DMR TGs although none of those TGs seems to be connectible from the radio. What is then the purpose to have this DMR List if not connectible?
Odd enough we get DMR list (apparently not usable) but we don't get a YSF Reflector list when the primary service should be YSF.
HB9GKC

Post by HB9GKC »

On My FTM-400 only the ALL listing is working.
There is though no possibility to store any of the listed Reflectors as the error message message comes to be the same as for Direct Search, "No Data"

Luigi