FCS001 showing Mycall as the repeaters call sign?

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
g7kbr

FCS001 showing Mycall as the repeaters call sign?

Post by g7kbr »

Hi All

Currently just activated fusion on our repeater and have only had the FTM-100 for a few days. Now on the fcs001.xreflector.net/# website I always see the Mycall as the repeater and not my own call sign. Is this a pi-star setup issues or a wrongly programmed radio?

If I look however at the repeaters pi-star dashboard, gateway activity its showing my callsign as it should.

Any help would be much apricated.

Regards

Paul
G7KBR
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: FCS001 showing Mycall as the repeaters call sign?

Post by MW0MWZ »

g7kbr wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 pm Hi All

Currently just activated fusion on our repeater and have only had the FTM-100 for a few days. Now on the fcs001.xreflector.net/# website I always see the Mycall as the repeater and not my own call sign. Is this a pi-star setup issues or a wrongly programmed radio?

If I look however at the repeaters pi-star dashboard, gateway activity its showing my callsign as it should.

Regards

Paul
G7KBR
Just been testing this, and found the same as you, its not a config problem, I expect it will turn out to be an issue with the way FCS is built into the YSFGateway.

I'll go looking and see if I can find any obvious way to fix that, and if I can't, I'll let Jonathan know about it.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: FCS001 showing Mycall as the repeaters call sign?

Post by MW0MWZ »

MW0MWZ wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:42 pm
g7kbr wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 pm Hi All

Regards

Paul
G7KBR
Just been testing this, and found the same as you, its not a config problem, I expect it will turn out to be an issue with the way FCS is built into the YSFGateway.

I'll go looking and see if I can find any obvious way to fix that, and if I can't, I'll let Jonathan know about it.
After more testing, the callsign is passed correctly across the FCS network, so radio > Pi-Star > FCS network > Pi-Star > Radio, the callsign makes it radio to radio without issue, but the FCS dashboard only reports the repeater callsign. I don't believe that this is a Pi-Star issue, its the way the FCS dashboard is parsing the data - at least that's my take on it at the moment.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk