Wires-X won't connect to MMDVM based system

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
VE7IHL

Wires-X won't connect to MMDVM based system

Post by VE7IHL »

Hello, I am using a 2m bridgecom repeater, interfaced to the STM32_DVM modem board sitting on a RP3. Running PISTAR software image v3.4.11.
I have DSTAR and DMR working, and YSF works, but it never allows a Wires-X connection (from a Yaesu FT1XD HT).
How do you go about debugging this type of problem?
YSF/C4FM does work (although the audio seems to be poorer than expected) as you can see the call signs being displayed on the radio, if I communicate with another station over the internet using a MMDVM. I have to manually select the YSF reflector via the PI-STAR setup mode / web page. I cannot get Wires-X to work to allow the radio to select the desired YSF reflector.

I can see information coming in on the "live logs" page, but it does not give me enough information on how to even start debugging this type of problem?

Any suggestion that somebody may have will be welcome!

Lane VE7IHL
9M2TPT

Re: Wires-X won't connect to MMDVM based system

Post by 9M2TPT »

Hi,

Do you have multi-mode configured on your MMDVM? If yes, you need to make sure that you're in YSF mode first. Easiest is to key first on your FT1XD, make sure that you're in YSF and then press the X button (or is it Dx button on FT1D?).
73 de Mohd/9M2TPT
AE5ME

Re: Wires-X won't connect to MMDVM based system

Post by AE5ME »

VE7IHL

Did you ever get your YSF audio to improve on the Bridgecom? I recently switched from DR2X to Bridgecom with MMDVM modem and YSF has a warble to it.