YSF Rooms Disconnecting On Dashboard

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
VK2ZCD

YSF Rooms Disconnecting On Dashboard

Post by VK2ZCD »

HI All,

The last few days I have found the Dashboard to be reporting not linked, by refreshing the config screen with the startup room it shows as connected again. Within half an hour it has dropped again. The thing is the room is still connected and I can connect to it. This is happening on 2 hotspots, on 2 different rooms (CQ-UK and America Link)
Dashboard: 20191220, Pi-star: 3.4.17, both dual hats, 1 is a Pi 3B the other Pi zero w. I have done updates to both hotspots.
TIA, Ian, VK2YG
G8OGJ

Re: YSF Rooms Disconnecting On Dashboard

Post by G8OGJ »

I have an MMDVM modem board on an RPi Zero-W and YSF is effectively useless - no matter what home node is set up (no, I have not tried them all but I have tried a previously used set of YSF and FCS nodes) I get "not linked" most of the time. D-Star is not perfect either because it takes ages (up to 30 minutes after reboot) to connect but once working, it seems to stay working.

This is independent of whether I have YSF2DMR on or off or whether I have Uppercase or Lowercase hostfiles loaded. It doesn't matter whether the unit has been "up" for 10 days or 10 minutes.

Last summer I could just turn on and go. This appears to be an external degradation (ie I don't think that anything significant has changed at my end) and is not dependent on internet connection (I have tried four completely different locations and setups) and my software is as installed because the Update doesn't work.

Is 3.4.17 even supported any more? Should I move to 4.X? If so, which variant as I tried a version earlier this year which had an apparently incurable problem with ntpd such that the date and time were always wrong and never set.

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ