Change rooms

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
W3KIT

Re: Change rooms

Post by W3KIT »

I am only have 1 mode YSF enabled, nothing else. Often times I will get a flashing “waiting” and then timed out when I try to changing room. This especially when there is QSO going on the current room, for some odd reason my FT2DR doesn’t like to respond to the input commands.

I will have to wait until there is no one talking then my radio is becomes responsive again. Not sure if this is a Yaesu “feature” and working as intended or not. At this time using DTMF memory is my way of changing rooms. Then again, I just got the Zumspot kit 2 days ago have not had much time to play with it beside basic settings.

In WIRES-X mode, can we change the room from both listing - YSF and FCS? Or just YSF only? I am not sure how to changing the room for FCS. I pressed "ALL" button to searched and I think I have something like 485 rooms but could not find the America Link WIRES-X. For me the only way I know is to DTMF A290 to get there.

Thanks
pd5r

Post by pd5r »

VK7HSE wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 am How many modes do you currently run? If it's 3 or more this will be the reason, the time spent on each mode during the scan period is enough to cut off part of the wires-X packet, if you press the PTT so you get a lock on YSF then proceed with the wires-X commands it works as expected.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Currently I use YSF mode only. Even if I press PTT first to let Pi-Star get into "Listening YSF" and then use the X-button nothing happens.
Sometimes "RX YSF" appears when X-button is pressed, but nothing happens.
N4BIL

Post by N4BIL »

pd5r wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:45 pm
VK7HSE wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 am How many modes do you currently run? If it's 3 or more this will be the reason, the time spent on each mode during the scan period is enough to cut off part of the wires-X packet, if you press the PTT so you get a lock on YSF then proceed with the wires-X commands it works as expected.

Currently I use YSF mode only. Even if I press PTT first to let Pi-Star get into "Listening YSF" and then use the X-button nothing happens.
Same issue with my new Zumspot I got. Adjusting the rx offset in MMDVMHost in expert mode made it so I could. I was able to get my BER really low to like .2 and now the x key works every time. Before I did this it would never work.
pd5r

Post by pd5r »

N4BIL wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Same issue with my new Zumspot I got. Adjusting the rx offset in MMDVMHost in expert mode made it so I could. I was able to get my BER really low to like .2 and now the x key works every time. Before I did this it would never work.
What setting do U use in rx offset?
N4BIL

Post by N4BIL »

pd5r wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:27 pm
N4BIL wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 pm

What setting do U use in rx offset?
For me -455 but this is dependent on the hotspot and frequency.
pd5r

Post by pd5r »

[/quote]

For me -455 but this is dependent on the hotspot and frequency.
[/quote]
No luck. Tried all possible offset settings. Still weird, because with other MMDVM images it works "out off the box".
G1UYZ

Post by G1UYZ »

Hi guys,
I’ve set up a self build Pi-Star hot spot with a MMDVM board off eBay. There was no guidance for RX Offset but using my F2D I now have this BER down to 0.7% with the Offset set about 220.
I’m running DMR and YSF on it and DMR works fine but I can’t change YSF rooms from my F2D. When I key the Wires X button it beeps and nothing happens.
Also have an FTM-400D on which I my nearest VHF multi mode repeater setup in a memory. When I pick my Pi-star frequency on the FTM400D either in VFO or memory mode and then key the WIRES X button, the radio switches to the local VHF repeater frequency and does nothing so I am confused as to what is happening.
Any suggestions as to where I am going wrong greatly appreciated.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

The shifting freq. thing is a setting in the radio. Yaesus original hri200 solution had a 2radio ability where one radio would monitor a general freq (i think the idea was to set up a large area rf network monitoring this 1 freq) and when hitting the x button on that 'monitoring' freq. and being heard by one of these monitoring nodes would automagically push your radios freq to its associated node.
So long ago now i cant recall the name for this, but shut it off in the menus.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.