Combining a YSF # and XLX Modules?

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
N8EI

Combining a YSF # and XLX Modules?

Post by N8EI »

Looking for some info on how YSF works with Pi-Star and also an XLX reflector. The summary of what I am looking for is if it's possible to join an XLX reflector by YSF# and then somehow choose which module on the XLX reflector to connect to? The XLX software can be defined to auto-join a module in the code or not. If I don't setup an auto-join but point a YSF # at the XLX reflector, I connect but can't join any module/room and, of course, can't tx/rx anywhere. I'm trying to figure out a way to serve multiple "communities" with transcoding and interlinking. I can make two YSF #s that points to two different XLX instances and interlink different modules that way, but that seems a little wasteful of an XLX number. I know you can configure Pi-Star to join an XLX reflector natively rather than YSFGateway (at least I believe that's how it works) but I'd still like users to be able to connect to other WIRES-X rooms. I'm thinking what I'd like to do (one YSF #, multiple Rooms/Modules) isn't possible, but I can't find any definitive information on it.

Thanks.