Incorrect System Time

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
N0AGX

Incorrect System Time

Post by N0AGX »

the following abnormal issues were observed on a pi-star 4.9.35+ Pi Zero W Rev 1.1
1. On the Dashboard the YSF Network indicator showed linked for only a short period of time after power-up and then reported “not linked”. See attached.
2. Both my FTM400 and FT-70D did connect to the Pi-Star upon initiating a WIRES-X session; however, they were unable to connect to the room associated with the configured YSF reflector.
3. The time and date logged for these connection requests showed incorrectly under the Gateway Activity and Local RF Activity sections of the Pi-Star Dashboard. The system time zone was confirmed to be set to the correct option – Chicago. The system log reads in part:
M: 2019-01-21 01:17:01.425 YSF, received RF header from N0AGX-DON to ALL
M: 2019-01-21 01:17:01.522 YSF, received RF end of transmission, 0.4 seconds, RSSI: -47/-47/-47 dBm
M: 2019-01-21 01:17:02.638 YSF, received network data from N0AGX-ND to ALL at N0AGX
M: 2019-01-21 01:17:03.069 YSF, received network end of transmission, 0.7 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-01-21 01:17:52.773 YSF, received RF header from N0AGX-DON to ALL
M: 2019-01-21 01:17:53.247 YSF, received RF end of transmission, 0.7 seconds, BER: 6.1%, RSSI: -47/-47/-47 dBm

The dates should read 2020-03-10

Actions taken to correct the issues included:
A. Update of software under the Pi-Star Configuration screen
B. Flashing an image downloaded from the Pi-Star web site onto a separate SD card and configuring Pi-Star identical to the pre-loaded SD. The same issues were observed.
C. Reporting the issues to the Pi-Star support group(s)
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Attachments
ZUMSpot incorrect time.jpg
ZUMSpot incorrect time.jpg (166.58 KiB) Viewed 2292 times
N0AGX

Re: Incorrect System Time

Post by N0AGX »

Thank you for your response. As this is my first venture into pistar, I am still learning. I have seen it suggested that rebooting the system several times "should" resolve the issue, but in my experience it does not - at least with my internet which is admittedly slow. Can I expect different results when on the road using a different ISP by using my cell phone as the hot spot? That will be my next attempt and if I didn't have poor to no coverage here at my house I would have tried it already. I did want to respond to you promptly and thank you for explaining what I am seeing.

Setting the time issue aside for now, do you think the incorrect time could be the reason I am unable to connect to a room? During the few short minutes that the pistar says I am linked, I am unable to confirm that the my node is connected to the room by looking at the WIRES-X software's Connecting Node List for the linked room.

Thank you in advance for your time to respond to my questions.

Don
N0AGX

Re: Incorrect System Time

Post by N0AGX »

I have managed to separate the issues to some extent. The time issue was resolved by by connecting the ZUMSpot to my cell carrier. The room connection is still an issue, but I think once I have a solid internet connection the issue will resolve itself.

Thanks for your patience and I hope this post might help others that are experiencing the same problem.