Switching between DMR and YSF

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
KO4AYA

Switching between DMR and YSF

Post by KO4AYA »

I have an MMDVM on a Pi-Zero Hotspot running Pi-Star 3.4.17. I set up DMR mode for the Alinco DJ-MD5, and YSF mode for the Yaesu FT3D. How do I switch modes? Whatever one I key up first works fine, but how do I switch from one to another?
Also, how do I switch rooms while in YSF mode? I know there is no "code plug" as in DMR, but I can't seem to see how to switch rooms from within the radio.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Switching between DMR and YSF

Post by M1DNS »

KO4AYA wrote:I have an MMDVM on a Pi-Zero Hotspot running Pi-Star 3.4.17. I set up DMR mode for the Alinco DJ-MD5, and YSF mode for the Yaesu FT3D. How do I switch modes? Whatever one I key up first works fine, but how do I switch from one to another?.
The active mode has priority over all others. The modes are picked up as you transmit, but the last mode will remain active locking others out until the mode hand timeout has expired to idle, (default 20secs) then you can key the other radio making that the active mode. Alternatively if the mode supports it dropping the link will return to idle defaulted 20secs modehang thereafter.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

KO4AYA wrote: Also, how do I switch rooms while in YSF mode? I know there is no "code plug" as in DMR, but I can't seem to see how to switch rooms from within the radio.
Follow the description laid out by yaesu. The linking commands have been reverse engineered to follow yeasu default wires x linking commands. As each radio differs slightly consult ur manual.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M0GXB

Post by M0GXB »

As was said, it's like the Yaesu Wires-X documentation (different manual from the user guide).

BUT I have noticed on my FT1D that you can't do it if the radio receives anything. So switching away from a very active room is hard unless you change the radios frequency or something to shut it up.