FT-991 -hotspot

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
KL7XK

FT-991 -hotspot

Post by KL7XK »

I have a pi-star hotspot I installed a mmvdm board and installed the pi-star soft ware on my raspberry pi... now here is my question....
how do you get the 991 to talk to my hot spot ?? i have chamged all the setting to what i beleve to be correct bur when i pull up my dash board the is no gateway or RF actin=vity...i have a 440 ant installed to the uhf/vhf port in back and running about 10 watts i have wi-fi in the green so its reciving the internet.. but when i key uo in c4fm nothen happens,,,
Mike KL7XK
HB9GKC

Re: FT-991 -hotspot

Post by HB9GKC »

Hi Mike,

When I started with pi-star I found very useful information on this guide:

https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm

In particular I suggest you to start reading from chapter 4, as from what you said, I understood you are at your first boot of the system.
Because you are probably only using Yaesu radio, you better focus on how to activate and deal with YSF mode.

Luigi
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: FT-991 -hotspot

Post by M1DNS »

You'll prob need to adjust the installs rx offset. Ive found YSF one of the most finickity of modes to adjust for.

Have a look in the expert settings in MMDVMhost.

admin/expert/edit_mmdvmhost.php

Start with a value of -350 in the rx field and adjust as needed in 50khz steps until your keyups start to show on the dashboard. Then adjust in smaller no's. for the best reported BER.

Additionally you could use pistar-mmdvmcal to find the adjustment value for you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.